3. Jessie

Jessie

Me and Emma finished our lunch and were on our way back to class, Emma was wearing her heels so she always was behind, and me? I was wearing my favorite pair of trainers, not because I'm not fashionable, but because I'm better in fashion when I want to wear clothes I'm comfortable in. Emma was running in order to catch up to me. What I like about Louisville is that; it's my hometown, my friends all live here, and my father also lives here.

My mother passed away when I was only seven, my father became my everything, he was my friend, my father, my mother, my brother, and literally everyone and everything I needed in this world. So when I was in high school I had decided that I wanted to stay in my city, so I chose University of Louisville to stay by my father's side. I had always wanted to be an author, so I just chose (English literature) and that was all. I am currently very happy with my choice, the only thing I'm not happy about is my love life, Rachel and Emma are both single too, whenever I confront them they tease me and tell me I'm stupid to think we all must find love, because some people just won't. I stared at Emma, she's typing on her phone furiously, her brows furrowed and her lips pressed into a thin line.

"What's the matter?" I asked, Emma sighed and put her phone in her pink jacket's pocket.

"It's my Mom, she will bring her boyfriend over for dinner." Emma muttered, I was actually surprised that Emma's mother has already gotten a boyfriend after her father's death, since Mrs. Taylor always claimed she was so much in love with her late husband that she won't be able to find anyone better than him, I was even more surprised that Emma told me about her mother's boyfriend, because she rarely talks about her family, specifically her mother's boyfriends.

Emma was a bit secretive about her emotions and feelings, which made me and Rachel worry about her a lot. But that was just the way she was, so all we had to do was figure out her feelings beforehand.

"Well...I don't blame you I would have been if my father moves on this soon." I said as I bit my lip, kind of worried Emma might think I'm interfering too much in her mother's life "But you know she has the right to be happy again."

"It's not that I don't want her to have a boyfriend, I'm not one of those stupid teenage girls, you know." Emma said, staring at her pink fingernails.

"Then what are you worried about? She has a boyfriend. She's happy." I declared, my eyes following her hands which were in her hair then, adjusting her blonde locks, then I realized that she's wearing pink from head to toe today.

"Every single one of the guys she has ever been with, are all bunch of assholes, honestly I'm worried about her..." Emma admitted, biting her pink lower lip.

"Have you met this one?" I asked.

"Not really." She mumbled, I sighed and looked at my watch, there's five minutes left till our next class, but I had to slow down once in a while so that Emma can catch up to me. Why the hell is she wearing heels, if she can't walk in them?

"Don't judge him quickly." I said.

"I'm hundred percent sure he's like the rest of her exes." Emma said disgustingly, I knew persuading her to have a dinner with her mother's new boyfriend will be hard, and since (as you can already guess) I'm a very good friend, I couldn't let my friend be unhappy, even for a minute.

"Let's have a sleepover then!" I said, making Emma giggle with happiness.

"Really? That would be amazing." She said, still giggling and holding my hands with her own soft ones.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll just call Rachel to let her know we're having a sleepover tonight." I said trying to look bored. I pulled out my phone from my bag, and dialled Rachel's number, she answered after just two rings like her typical self.