71. Jessie

Jessie

In life there are certain things and people that we don't appreciate until we lose them, there are certain things and people who are always there for you and you just can't live without them in your lives. There are people you push away, but in fact they are your true friends. There are also people you keep by yourself who stab you in the back. My father is my greatest supporter, and my favorite person in the entire world. He stood by me all these years of my life and helped me get back up whenever I fell. I was schizophrenic and I didn't even feel it or know it, I was little when my mother passed away, I miss her, yes. But my father gave me a love the size of the universe, I grew up and became this Jessie I am today. And guess what? Dad remained in his place, without growing. Without improving or achieving any dream. As a matter of fact I never got to know what my father's dreams are.

When I was eleven I ,sometimes, asked him what his dream is, Dad always replied with: Having a beautiful daughter like you, and raising her and helping her achieve her dreams. At that time I didn't know what Dad meant, or what that was, but now I know it's called sacrifice. Every great love comes with a great sacrifice. Now I know. My father was wasting his own precious time sitting by my bed, reading me books, making stupid jokes which aren't even funny and not going back home to even take a shower or rest. He was always there whenever I needed him. I didn't like counting the days which I stayed at that lonely hospital. And I didn't even want to think about the fact that I have some disease and need to check my condition regularly or that I have a brother who happened to be my friend whom I adored so much. I never wanted to remember that my beautiful mother who my father never talked about was actually like me. But sicker, and needed help.

Although for some reason, he came into my mind every second of the day. And I didn't want to stop thinking about him or push his image and features out of my mind. I missed how he called my name, how he caressed my cheek and cared about me whenever I was sad. And I missed the way he looked at me. But then I always wondered if all we lived together was true... Well, true or not, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It's hard to balance your thoughts and what your heart is telling you. I was deep in thought, when I heard the door open, I looked up to find Harry standing there, looking at me.

"Can I come in?" He asked, sounding uncertain.

"Sure!" I said, smiling warmly at him. His face softened as he smiled back at me and came and sat down by the bed side.

"How's my little sister?" He asked, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"I'm good, actually. How are you? And everyone?" I asked.

"Rachel is doing good, she and Dave are dating now." Harry answered and winked.

"Yessssssssss!!! I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air, "Did you do as I told you?"

"I did even more, I.. uh... made them kiss in front of everyone." He scratched his cheek.

"How?" I smirked.

"Well I bought them theatre tickets, and the staff had called them up the stage to act in front of the people, apparently it involved some kissing scenes, and that's how it happened." Harry replied, smirking too.

" You're a genius!" I punched his arm and giggled.

"Well it was your idea, and we're siblings and both geniuses so yeah..." My brother said, I smiled at him and nodded in agreement.

"Despite everything happening, I'm so glad I have a brother who I can fight with now." I grinned and did some Macarena moves as happy dancing.

"Well since your brother is me, we'll have lots of fights." Harry replied and winked, making me laugh. "You look great, sis."