16. Nathan

Nathan

The moment my parents left the apartment, arrangements for my birthday party was made immediately. Rachel being forgetful as always, had completely forgotten about our little quarrel and took me shopping. She said she'll buy my suit herself, I protested of course, knowing Rachel I know she'll buy me the most expensive suit she lays her eyes on, but she insisted and I didn't want to break her heart.

This birthday party was a bad idea, but hopefully it can distract me a little from the problems I have. I called Dr. Harper last night and he told me they haven't found out anything yet, I had spent half of the month that I was expelled here, but they have found literally nothing all these time. I was a mess the past few days, I spent most of my time in my room, thinking.

Well, overthinking.

But I eventually came out of my room, and distracted myself with this coming party. It's all in my professors hands now, and I can't do anything about it. So why not enjoy my birthday at least? My birthday was today. After taking a shower, and wearing the Armani suit Rachel bought me, I was ready to go. I stared at my reflection in the mirror one more time, and smiled. Rachel definitely has a nice taste. The suit's color, together with the ties, matched perfectly with the way I had styled my hair and my brown- green eyes, If I say so myself. I put on some Hugo boss perfume on, and grabbed keys to Rachel's car, because I don't own a car.

I drove Rachel's Nissan Altima, thankfully it was gray and not some girly bright colors like pink or red. We had a little problem with choosing the place, but my mother said she had a friend who owned an event hall in Louisville. So I was on my way to Annabelle's event hall.

As soon as I arrived I noticed how magnificent this place was, the outside was gorgeous, there was a nice garden surrounding the place, full of colorful flowers.
"Welcome, sir." a guy in his teenage years said.

"Thank you," I smiled and nodded at him, as he got in Rachel's car to park it. Some of my high school friends and my parent's friends had arrived before me. But that wasn't why my jaw was nearly dropped to the ground. The inside was even more amazing. The beige curtains, and tablecloths looked very luxurious with the brown ground, there were pink flowers on the tables (I told my mom not to put on flowers on them, it will like a wedding) which surprisingly matched the beige color very well.

A nice slow music was playing, and I saw my parents shaking hands with a few of my friends. That was when I saw Dave smiling at whatever my mom was saying to him.

I grinned and walked towards them.

"Hi" I said. They all stared at me, smiling, and greeted me warmly.

"Hello, son." my parents said.

"Hello, Nathan. Happy birthday!" Dave said, we hugged and patted each other on the back. I was so glad he was here, I missed him very much.

"Thank you, Dave." I said and let him go, he was grinning. I called him the moment the party was decided and invited him. My party wouldn't be complete without him.

"Dave is very kind to come all the way from Florida for your birthday" My father smiled at Dave.

Dave scratched the back of his neck from embarrassment "It's my pleasure, Nathan is my closest friend after all."

"Please call me Jacob, you're like a family to us, son." My father said.

"Alright sir- I mean Jacob," Dave mumbled and I smiled politely at my father.

"I got you a present." He smiled, and handed me a small package that I haven't noticed he was holding in his hands. I stared at the small rectangular package and opened it up, I smiled when I saw none other than a silver Rolex watch.