53. Jessie

Jessie

The three of us walked past confused Nathan, and started dipping our roller brushes in the can Nathan had just dipped his brush in, then we started painting the wall Nathan was about to paint, Rachel was complaining the entire time that Nathan will get cold since he was half naked. But Nathan shrugged and ignored the angry looking Rachel. Dave was on the ladder feeling smug, he said he would paint the high places we won't be able to reach.

The four of us were painting the same side of the house. We all could see each other but we had to shout inorder to be heard, and each of us had our own can of paint by us, since we decided one can wasn't enough. It was nearly noon, we were all exhausted. Dave drove back to Louisville and brought us each a  Cheeseburger from McDonalds.

"Guys! Come and have some lunch!" Dave shouted. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and walked to where Dave was.

He had even brought a small table with four chairs. We sat down as Dave handed us each our burgers, and colas and fingers.

"Ahhh... This is so refreshing!" Rachel said as she sipped on her cola, and took a huge bite of her burger.

"Damn... we still have a long way to go," Dave said, and looked at the wood house.

"This... asshole thought he can paint all the house by himself!" Rachel said as she elbowed Nathan right in his chest, making the poor guy choke on his drink.

" Aww..." Nathan glared at her and rubbed his side. "Thank you guys, I appreciate it a lot..." Nathan mumbled.

"Oh please," Dave said and rolled his eyes for the second time.

"You're very welcome bro," Rachel tried to say but what actually came out was something like: 'woooveevywikommbo' since her mouth was full.

I saw a hint of smile on Dave's face as he was staring at her, Nathan noticed too, he looked away from Dave and continued eating.

"What if it rains though?" Rachel said and looked up at the sky, we all imitated her and sure enough there were a few clouds in the sky.

"We should probably finish the interior first," I said and sighed.

"Jessie is right. We will paint each side of the house a day, when it's not raining." Dave said

"That way we'll have a place to stay in when we're tired." Rachel said, and nodded her head.

"Okay guys. But be warned the interior is even dirtier and messier than the outside," Nathan said " we need to clean it first."

"I have brought enough cleaning materials." Rachel said and grinned.

"Cool, let's get back to work then." Dave said and we all went back to painting the wall until we finished it. We had fun panting, teasing, and even playing with one another. Until we finished painting for that day.