55. Jessie

Jessie

As Dave and Nathan were about to finish painting the bathroom, me and Rachel decided to organize the bedroom so Nathan could stay in it for the night.

Together (with a little help from Dave) we brought the king sized bed into the room and put it in the far corner beside the window, after putting enough furniture in the room, we started with the details.

First we cleaned the windows, and put on clean bed sheets on the bed. Rachel was surprisingly hard working despite her lazy personality she made the floor shine, while I brought the ladder to hang the clean curtains Rachel had brought. I climbed the ladder, as Rachel handed me the beautiful beige curtain. I slowly and carefully started hanging it, letting the pole go in the rings one by one.

I suddenly felt light headed and wanted to come back down, I looked at the ground which was a very bad idea since I hadn't realized I was on the last step of the ladder and it was high. So I panicked and lost balance, my feet leaving the ladder. All I was able to do was gasp audibly, close my eyes and wait for the feeling of the hard cool ground.

Oh no oh no ohnonononononononono.

But ... the ground never came.

I slowly opened my eyes and found a nice pair of brown eyes frowning and staring into mine.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked. I nodded without saying a word and continued staring at my boyfriend shamelessly. His eyes traveled all over my face as if searching for any scratches, then they stayed on my lips way too longer than normal.

Suddenly my lips felt dry as my heart was hammering in my chest. Nathan's hold on me tightened, it was then that I noticed he was carrying me bridal style, his right arm under my knee, and his left around my waist. My hands were around his neck, as if my life depended on it.

Our lips were inches apart from each other, my eyes widened when Nathan leaned just a little bit further towards me, his eyes moving from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes. Our lips were so close that all it took for one of us was to press lips on the other's, but looked like neither of us had the courage to do so. We just stayed like that staring at one another, Nathan smelled of paint and fresh grass and cologne.

"Guys! where did we put-"

I hastily moved away from Nathan, and fell on the ground right on my butt.

"Aww..." I mumbled as I rubbed my butt.

"Sorry guys... please continue... umm... whatever you were doing..." Rachel said and walked out of the room quickly, leaving me with Nathan again.

"I got to get back to work." Nathan said and walked out too. Leaving me to my own thoughts. I was fanning myself -with both of my hands moving so fast they looked like jelly thanks to physics- wondering why I felt hot in that damned cold weather.