60. Nathan

Nathan

I didn't take much time to get ready for the dinner since I just wanted to get it over with. I put my jacket on and walked out of my room. I was surprised to find Jessie sitting on the sofa, waiting  patiently for me. She stood up and smiled at me.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi, Jess! You look pretty." I said, which was the truth. She looked stunning, with her wavy hair and knee length dress.

Very girly and cute. She was wearing heels too for a change, although she and I both know she can't really walk in them, she looked like herself, but...I saw a Jessie who loves herself and takes care of herself than the Jessie who was too desperate for guy's attention.

"Thank you, Nathan. Umm...you don't look bad yourself." Jessie mumbled, her smile widening. Is this all me affecting her?

"Let's go then." I said and put my hand on her back, guiding her to where my car was.

The drive was silent, but not an uncomfortable one. Jessie was staring at me every now and then, then we would smile at each other  when I stare back at her.

"Dave and Rachel are painting the house together?" Jessie asked breaking the silence.

"Yep." I replied.

"That's great! Hope Dave makes a move on her. Or at least I hope Rachel gets to know him better." Jessie said and sighed.

"I don't think Rachel deserves Dave," I admitted, "and I'm sure Rachel is wishing things for us too." Jessie didn't reply she just looked away and kept staring out of the window.

"Did Harry break Rachel's heart?" She said without looking at me. I was surprised at the sudden change of topic and talking about that guy was one of my least favorite things to do.

"I don't know how Harry did it..." I started, feeling very uncomfortable with the subject, "Rachel was head over heels in love with him. But...Harry never wanted her, he said he had never asked her out and the sad part is he was right."

"What do you mean? How did they date then?" Jessie asked, she was staring at me intently now, seeming quite interested in the subject.

"They had never dated..." I replied.

"But how did Rachel fall for him then?" Jessie asked biting her lower lip in thought.

"I don't know," I replied " all I know is that Rachel said Harry had his own intentions for approaching her, and gained what he wanted and left her."

"What were those intentions?"Jessie asked curiously.

"I don't know," I shook my head, "You should probably ask Rachel. She didn't feel comfortable talking about it with me."

"She had never talked about having a crush on a guy named Harry with me." Jessie frowned, looking mad and irritated at the thought.

"Well I forced the truth out of her somehow." I said, as Jessie smiled and looked away, suddenly she seemed very interested in a colorful ice cream shop, she had both her hands on the window admiring nature and colorful things. I just chuckled and focused on driving, letting Jessie take her time enjoying the beautiful things in life.