11. Jessie

Jessie

I went to the library again, to study for the coming exams, I had to be prepared in order not to freak out when the time comes. And... Samuel Davies will be there. I knew he'll be there, because discovered which days of the week he'll come to the library and which days he won't. It was Thursday and I was sure Samuel will be here. But I was disappointed when I didn't find him in his usual place. Surprisingly he hadn't come. I sighed and tried to be positive.

Maybe he's just late. I thought.

I sat down and started studying, I have been thinking about him all night, after thinking so much about him and everything else involving him, I knew I wanted him. And I was sure I'll ask him out, Samuel would have been my fourteenth crush, but yet he would hopefully be my last crush too. I really hoped he likes me back. Considering his previous actions towards me all these times the three of us were hanging out together, I noticed Sam took a special interest in me, but then maybe I'm wrong. I think when he's with me and Emma, he wanted to get my attention, and he talked to me as if Emma is not there at all.

So I was sure he likes me (maybe just as a friend for now), he enjoyed talking to me, I even called him many times as an excuse to ask him questions, he was always happy to help. Sam called me too, to ask how I'm doing with all those unread fiction books he had given me. He told me I'll find them useful. He was right, there are many great books among the ones he gave me.

Today I came without Emma, because last night I had practiced how to flirt, and I will do it today with Sam. Besides Emma told me she's already busy today. I wanted to keep my feelings a secret for a while, because I wasn't confident whether my friends will approve of it. They always told me I'm rushing things, they advised me to be patient. But life is not like that, I met Sam accidentally, so life is full of those accidents. I had to take the chance, it's now or never.

"Hey!" Someone said. I gasped from surprise and fear but smiled when I saw Sam leaning over the desk.

"Hey. You scared me!" I exclaimed. Sam grinned from ear to ear and sat down beside me because the seat opposite to me was already taken.

"You were deep in thought, so I thought I should give you a little surprise." Sam said, titling his head to the side while scratching his stubble.

"Yeah I was actually thinking of all the books you gave me." I said.

"Oh. Don't worry about giving it back to me soon, take your time." He said. He's just so cute. And kind.

"Alright, because honestly I haven't read any of the books." I admitted, biting my lip from embarrassment.

"It's all right, take your time sweetheart." Sam smiled politely.

He called me sweetheart.

"I-I'm busy nowadays, but I'll read them after my exams..." I said nervously.

"I'm sure you'll do great." Sam said with a serious expression on his face.

"Thank you!" I said, feeling butterflies in my stomach. Sam smiled then stared at the guy who was sitting opposite of me.

"Where's Emma?" He asked.

"She's preparing for a dinner with her mother's boyfriend." I replied. Sam's mouth formed an 'o' shape then he nodded his head and didn't say anything else about the matter. Afterwards, Emma's absence was long forgotten, we talked, laughed, and he highlighted some important questions for my exams in some of my books. Overall, I think my flirting practicing wasn't needed. Sam definitely wasn't as Emma imagined him to be, he wasn't proud, or weird, he was the opposite.

Sam was kind, funny, easy to talk to, and I definitely enjoyed being with him. More importantly, he paid me attention and cared about me. Sam was the guy every girl would dream of having as her boyfriend. He was one of rarest guys I have ever met.

"What are you thinking of? And why are you staring at me like that?" Sam's voice snapped me back to reality. I hadn't realized I was daydreaming and actually staring at him, I felt my cheeks flush.

"I was not staring at you," I mumbled "I was just daydreaming."

Sam stared at me for a while, but he continued marking the pages he thought were important for my exam. After spending one entire day with Samuel, I was even more eager to make him mine. I think I didn't have patience anymore. I had to go home and think of asking him out, and think of the pros and cons and of Samuel Davies as my boyfriend. Patience was never my thing, so why not make a move? Before anyone else beat me to him.

But before I make any mistakes like all the previous thirteen times, I needed to think carefully about this. Patience was not my thing, yeah. But sometimes the hardest thing is the right thing.