One shot #10

"Well this is a nice change of scenery!" Lance said with a smile glancing over at Keith.

"It's a prison cell." Keith glared back at him. "Literally how?"

"I'm just trying to be optimistic!" Lance beamed scouting closer to Keith on the metal bench. The chains jingled as he brushed a piece of hair out of Keith's face earning a dark blush.

You may be wondering how they ended up in such an odd situation, after all, they are in the Galra prison.

FLASHBACK TO EARLIER THAT DAY:

"We are infiltrating this Galra ship as shown here," Allura said pointing to a considerably large ship slowly flying through space on the coordinate map. "The plan is simple, we will not be taking the Lions, it's too risky and if we follow the plan, we won't need them. Shiro, could you explain?"

He nodded and stepped forward as Allura pulled up a diagram of the ship. "We are going to split up into teams. Me, Pidge, and Hunk are going in through here. We'll get the attention of everyone on the ship. Lance and Keith, you'll sneak in the though here, then make your way to the main power system and shut off their plasma canon along with their communication abilities. We'll meet up here and take out the rest of the ship. Any questions?"

"Yeah, why do I have to get partnered with Keith?" Lance complained. "Isn't he Mr. 'I work alone'? Keith simply folded his arms and glanced at him in response.

"Because Lance, a sword and a gun work well together. Plus it will strengthen your relationship, you two still fight too much."

Neither of them argued.

====

Lance and Keith waited for the O.K., Keith got on the space pod, much like a motorcycle except honestly for space. Lance secured his helmet and sat down on the back.

"You're going to want to hold on." Keith said starting it up and it lit up a bright Altean blue. Lance hesitated but then wrapped his arms around his waist. Neither of the boys would admit to it but they had red faces.

"Airlock opening in 5... 4...3..."

Lance tightened his grip and nuzzled into Keith's back. "Hey, Lance, I've been meaning to ask-"

"...0. Airlock 3-B opening."

They were quickly sucked out into space without mercy. They both screamed which was a million times less graceful than how Allura had done it long ago.

They continued to scream until Keith finally activated the machine and they began to actually glide though space. Their yells turned into slight laughter and chuckles.

Lance and Keith snuck in through the planned spot as the others distracted the ship. When they landed they climbed off and took off down the hall of the ship weapons in hand.

"Heads up!" Lance yelled as he shot a Galra solider square in the face. Keith slashed through taking out two.

"That way," Keith said pointing down the hallway. They took off making it to the control room. They both hacked into the computers getting instructions from Allura over the headset. "Done. Let's get out of here before more show up." As if on cue, a crew of about 7 marched down after them.

Lance shot two and Keith fought one off with a sword. He went to step back and tripped on the shot solider. Lance lunged forward shooting him and then swooping down and catching Keith all in one swift motion. "You're not falling for me are you?" Lance asked smugly.

Keith turned red and stood up. "Shut up!" He said defensively. Keith stabbed another on coming minion and rushed forward. Keith stabbed another two in a row as the third rushed his side and moments before the sword made contact with Keith Lance shot him.

"Wait for me Keith~!" Lance called out. "Slow down, you're going to get yourself killed!"

"I had that!" Keith spat angrily. He was unaware of the figure just down the hall behind him.

"Keith!" Lance quickly grabbed his shirt throwing him out of the way of a glowing purple laser. "You know, I always wondered why in the movies why they could never help the person and get out of the way them self's too, now I know." Lance said in a daze before face-planting as Keith quickly stood back up.

"Lance!" Keith was furious and looked to see who shot the bullet. Obviously Lance was going to be fine, he just appeared to be knocked out. Keith was quickly surrounded by soldiers and shot as well.

Therefore they woke up in prison.

=========

"You know, you were pretty cute when you got angry that I shot that soldier that almost killed you." Lance beamed.

"He was not going to kill me." Keith said stubbornly.

"Still cute." Lance snaked his arms around Keith's waist.

"You're the one who threw me out of the way of a bullet." Keith said wide eyed before leaning in slowly. Lance took the hint and placed his hand under Keith's chin and leaned in as well.

Keith set his arms around Lances neck and just as their lips touched the wall was smashed as a yellow lion poked its head through playfully. They both immediately split as Hunk opened the mouth allowing them to board.

They both entered with red faces at the previous situation. "I know I'm the greatest." Hunk beamed at the rescue. Lance and Keith both looked at each other before blushing, breaking the stare and quickly laughing it off.