Invasion

Lance POV:

Lance POV:

I threw my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my siblings'. "C'mon Charo and Mateo! We don't want to be late!" I called out. They bustled down the stairs and took their backpacks from me in a rush.

"Bye mamá!" All three of us called out in unison as we did every school day.

"Bye my niños!" She yelled back.

We left and began our walk to school. My sister Charo and brother Mateo were both in kindergarten and I walk them to school since I pass by their elementary on my way. I'm in my senior year and I already have my future planned to the T. My other siblings were older some were in college and others married. In total I have 7 siblings.

We were all singing on our way as usual when light flashed in the sky. A massive ship appeared blocking out the sun and casting an ominous shadow over our town. I instinctively stood in front of my siblings and watched as people ran out of buildings and cars stopped, people got out in order to watch as our planet was being invaded. Smaller ships surrounded three larger ships and landed throughout the town going out of sight as buildings blocked the way. I heard yells and panic rose through everyone.

"Charo! Mateo! Get inside!" I yelled pushing them into a police station across the street. The police were all confused and looking out the windows as well. "Help us." I begged.

One of the men nodded too shocked to say a word. "W-we have a bunker for emergencies, we can take them there. It's stocked with food and water."

"Thank you. Please protect them. Keep out of sight. I need to go find mamá, I'll be right back." I ran out. There was a smaller ship across the street and several purple and cat like people exited and were grabbing people and shoving them on the small pods bound.

I breathed heavily and ran down the street. An older woman was attempting to run as three soldiers were chasing her. I picked up a stick and swung at them as the old woman fell. People began to gather behind me. A mother with her child, a young boy a little older than Mateo.

I felt adrenaline rush through me. What would happen if I couldn't hold off these three aliens? I quickly turned my head, stick still aimed at the purple freaks. "Run to the police station. They have a bunker." I whispered and they ran quickly.

"Put down your weapon and surrender quietly." One demanded. I noticed that a soldier stayed somewhat in the back. He appeared to be a higher up from the other two but he looked more... human.

The only thing proving he was indeed with them was his clothing and a purple streak on his cheek that curved down onto his jaw.