Sick Keith

Keith's POV:

I was wrapped up in a blanket sitting in my room feeling miserable. My nose was stuffy and I couldn't breathe, I sneezed every two minutes and I was always too hot or cold. I felt awful.

And as if things couldn't get worse... the sirens went off throughout the castle and Allura voice came in through the intercom. "Paladins, we need Voltron now!"

I growled and stood up dizzily slowly putting on my armor trying not to vomit.

I carefully ran stopping periodically to keep myself from passing out or throwing up along the way.

"Keith?! Where have you been?!? The other paladins are already out fighting!" Allura yelled and I didn't respond and just sickly made my way into the hangers. I stared at the zip line before climbing down slowly instead.

One glance at the speeder and I knew my body wasn't having it. I tried running but... no. That wasn't gonna work.

By the time I reached my lion I was in a cold sweat and panting heavily feeling dizzy. "Paladins, mission accomplished. Report back to the castle." Shiro said through the helmet.

I groaned making a slow trip back. I quickly wiped my forehead and acted as normal as possible as I walked in. Everyone was looking at me angrily arms crossed and everything.

"Where were you?! What if we needed to form Voltron?!" Shiro snapped.

"Wait, this is Keith we're talking about. He probably has a good reason." Lance said plopping in his seat.

I was kind of surprised to have Lance defend me a little. There's no way I'm surrendering though, nor to being sick. "I slept through the alarm."

Lances mouth hung open slightly. Shiro however looked furious. "Keith Eugene Kogane!" Everyone was dead surprised, he'd used my full name.

"Wait your middle name is Eugene?" Lance looked to me in confusion. I nodded and he blushed slightly.

"Keith, how could you be so irresponsible and-." Shiro had never been so angry with me.

"Wait Shiro, don't you think your being a little irrational? I mean, I hate to actually be nice to Keith for once but he trains a lot. He's probably exhausted from being a huge idiot and working to save the world." Lance cut in again.

I almost actually felt touched of course up until the point where he called me a huge idiot.

"Lance-," Shiro began, I thought he was going to yell at him two before he calmed slightly. "Keith, we'll discuss this tomorrow." With that, he turned and left.

I felt bad but if Shiro knew I was sick I wouldn't be allowed to fight. That wasn't exactly my taste. I think what's worse was the entire time Shiro was talking I was just trying to keep from puking. Wait, no I'm really going to barf!

I took off running as fast as possible trying to outrun my dizziness. I slid my door opened with lightning speed and ran to the bathroom vomiting into the toilet. I head footsteps behind me but I didn't bother. I just sat there miserable waiting for my vision to clear.

"Keith? Are you alright?" Lance put his hand on my shoulder lightly. "I knew something was up, are you sick?"

"N-no." I spoke in a deep rough voice.

I then threw up again.

He began to rub circles in my back and pulled my hair out of my face. After about 10 minutes of not throwing up I began to feel a little better. "I think I'm good now."

"Don't worry, my siblings would get sick sometimes and being the oldest in the house, I'd have to take care of them. I got you." Lance grabbed our my toothbrush and squirted some toothpaste on it. He then set out a small bit of lysterine. "Wait here." He walked out and returned with a bowl. "Here's how we're gonna do this. You'll be more miserable with vomit breath so do a couple strokes with the toothbrush rinse with lysterine and go straight to bed. The key is to be as quick as possible but as slow as possible. If you think you're gonna throw up, that's what the bowl is for. Ready?"