Immortality P2

Keith unlocked the door and pushed it open; walking inside, he flipped on the lights, Lance following close behind.

The place was fairly bland: a single couch against the wall, a TV on a wooden stand. A coffee table with a single remote. There was a painting on the wall of a foreign city that could probably be bought at any home decor store.

As for the kitchen, it was all countertops not including a few basic appliances.

"Well, this is it." Keith set down his bag and threw his jacket on the armrest of the couch.

"It's very..." Lance looked around. "Clean."

Keith laughed, "Yeah, I know it isn't very homey. I guess I didn't expect to be here this long."

"You're welcome." Lance smiled trying to hide the anxiety.

Keith sat on the couch and his grin faded, "I... actually want to talk to you."

Lance swallowed hard. He walked over and sat on the very other end of the couch. He wanted to be cautious in case Keith decided to give the whole stabbing idea another try.

Keith noticed the distance and rubbed his neck.

"What is it?" Lance finally asked nervously.

"I'm... I'm not leaving." Keith finally said.

"I don't think I understand," Lance's eyebrows narrowed.

"Um, I quit. You know, the whole assassin thing." Keith explained. "Well, I mean, I guess I was sort of fired. It was a mutual agreement of sorts."

"It's because you couldn't complete this mission wasn't it?" Lance looked down guiltily.

"No- well yeah, but it's a good thing, honest." Keith pursed his lips. "I was bad at my job anyway."

"You weren't bad at it. You just got a bad first mission." Lance sighed.

"It wasn't a bad first mission. In fact, it was the best first mission I could've been given. How can I work for an organization that would assassinate someone like you. I thought my job was helping people by eliminating threats. You're not a threat."

Lance stared at the boy. There was an overwhelming feeling, there was so much of it and it made him want to laugh and cry at the same time. It made everything feel fuzzy and blurred, everything but Keith. He felt crystal clear.

So when Lance suddenly scooted to Keith's side of the couch, and his arms wrapped around his neck, and Lance pressed his lips to Keith's, it all felt clear and right. Warmth bloomed in his chest when Keith's hands found his waist. Like every event before, ever since they met, had simply been building to this.

But then Lance had a sinking feeling in his chest. Should he tell Keith about his lack of immortality? He will, but what was the rush?

Lance pulled away and suddenly felt better now. Keith's eye were staring at him in astonishment.

"Woah." Keith muttered eyes wide.

"Woah indeed." Lance let out a breath he'd been holding and smiled.

Keith pulled Lance back into another kiss that lasted longer than the first.

Lance unlocked the door to Keith's apartment and walked in carrying a paper bag of groceries. "Keithy!" He called setting the bag on the counter. Keith had given him a key to his apartment a couple weeks ago. When Keith gave him the key it made Lance's heart melt. It's been almost three months since their first kiss and things couldn't be better.

They had a tradition that they make diner together every Sunday. Today's menu was spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and asparagus.

Keith poked his head out of his room and smiled seeing his boyfriend. "Hey," he walked into the kitchen and kissed him tenderly. When they pulled apart, Lance smiled widely.