Blade of Memora

The photo is unrelated to the story but... I love it. It's my favorite.

Lance POV:

I've been super cranky ever sense Keith left for the Blade of Memora. I don't really know why exactly but it just makes me so angry... and short tempered. I actually snapped at Hunk the other day. I've been spending a bit more time in my room and the others have been noticing.

There was a knock at the door but I ignored it, "Lance, it's Shiro, come out."

"No." I groaned pulling my sheets over my head.

"Heh, imagine this as a closet." I heard Pidge's muffled voice laugh.

"Pidge!" Shiro snapped. I then heard shuffled foot steps leaving. I didn't show up for dinner later either.

The alarms went off and Allura voice broke in, "Paladins! This is not a drill! Get to the control center immediately!" Her voice sounded urgent so I sprung up and took off down the hall.

I walked in to see everyone staring at me with a large board that said 'intervention' in red painted letters. "Nope!" I turned around to leave before Shiro grabbed me by my hoodie and made me sit down.

"You know why we want to talk to you don't you?" Shiro asked.

"No." I denied.

"You've been so cranky and distant since Keith left." Shiro explained.

I sighed. "Yeah so?"

"It's going to start to affect the team. If it gets worse we may not be able to form Voltron."

I stared at them all for a moment. I was angry but that also wasn't me. "Fine. I miss Keith."

Everyone looked slightly shocked. "That's good, you miss your teammate but that doesn't expla-."

"No Shiro. I miss Keith." I said trying to get him to understand without having to say it. I like Keith.

"I don't-oh." He simply said then looking to the others for help.

"Called it." Pidge smiled widely.

Hunk began to comfort me slightly but I was still angry. "Guys, I kind of just want to be alone right now." I said standing up and leaving.

I decided to train. I didn't know what else to do to get rid of my anger. Maybe this is how Keith felt, every time he came here to train sometimes after I pissed him off. I felt bad for aggravating him so much. I blasted another simulator and ducked as it swung its sword. It really was a good distraction.

I dove forward angrily tearing my way at the bot, "End training sequence." A voice said behind me. I was angry someone interrupted me at first but quickly softened as I recognized the voice.

"Keith...?" I spun around to see him in his BOM suit.

"The others said you missed me and were starting to get cranky. I decided a small visit before my next mission wouldn't be so bad. I'm actually kind of surprised you miss-." He couldn't finish as I practically tackled him to the ground.

"You're back!" I yelled grinning from ear to ear. He was surprised but softened up with a smile.

I stared at him, his gorgeous purple eyes before glancing down at his lips. I was now hovering inches away from them; Keith wasn't retaliating. His hands reached up wrapping around my neck and pulled me down into a sweet kiss.

"I think I'm going to cry." Hunk said tears in his eyes, already a mess. Everyone else stood there smiling softly. We quickly parted embarrassed. I got off him and we stood up. He greeted the others and couldn't help but just watch in anticipation. Me and Keith just kissed.