Hunter

Keith was only eleven when he learned about the existence of vampires. The heartless monsters broke into his home late one night and attacked him and his family. Both his parents were murdered that night, but Keith and his brother escaped. They'd been out of breath and sobbing as they pounded on their neighbors door.

They were much older now. With Keith four years fresh out of high school, they took their midnight hobby to the next level. The moment the sun is down, the brothers are on the prowl looking for the same beasts that killed their parents. A little garlic, a few stakes, and some crosses, they could be taken down easily.

Durning the day, Shiro was an accountant and Keith worked as a paid intern for Google. Yet by night, they were finely tuned vampire killing machines.

The longer they were hunters, the easier vampires were to spot, and they never approached unless they were certain.

Shiro and Keith began loading a duffel bag full of crossbows, stakes, cloves of garlic, crosses, and holy water (as part of their usual routine).

"You two are back at it again?" Adam leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "You've been at it every night for two weeks."

"Ain't no rest for the wicked," Shiro smiled up at his husband happily.

"Wicked my ass." Adam rolled his eyes. "But really, you two need a night off. Have some brotherly bonding."

"We are bonding," Keith interjected.

"Yeah, over killing vampires." He deadpanned. "Why can't you do something normal for a night. Enjoy yourselves! Have dinner or go to the mall."

The two brothers frowned.

"Do we have to?" Keith asked.

"You know what? Yes." Adam turned up his nose.

They both groaned.

"Hey, killing things like you do, it can't be good for you. Er, psychologically." Adam flicked Shiro's ear.

Shiro gave a wide grin and planted a tender kiss on Adam's cheek.

"I get a date night next too." Adam added.

"Yes, dear." Shiro laughed and gave his husband a final kiss that lasted a few seconds longer than what was comfortable for Keith.

"You two are sickening," Keith grimaced rolling his eyes.

"Alright Keith, lets throw this stuff in the trunk. We're going to dinner." Shiro patted Keith's shoulder.

When they were finished, they waved goodbye to Adam and set off. "So, should we start looking for vamps in town square?"

"Nope we're going to dinner." Shiro took a right turn. "I think Adam is right."

"Ughh, you too? Fine." Keith frowned.

Shiro parked in front of an Olive Garden and they both--one more reluctant than the other--got out.

They were lead to a table by a very short girl with short orange hair. "Your server will be with you shortly." She smiled and left.

Almost immediately, a boy roughly Keith's age approached the table. "Hi, I'm Lance, I'll be your server today. Can I get you started with something to drink?" His gaze met Keith's and his cheeks turned a bright pink.

"I'll just have a water please." Shiro smiled.

"Water please." Keith added when Lance turned to him.

"Alright, I'll be right back with those." He smiled a handsome smile and seemed to disappear into the sea of other servers.

"He likes you." Shiro teased peaking over his menu to look at Keith.