SpOoPy

Merry late spoopy day.

Lance walked down the street slowly. It was a sunny day, he hated it. He knocked on another door get silence loomed. He glanced at the car in the driveway and let out a huff. Just another person pretending not to be home.

He desperately needed to sell cookies for school and being a zombie it gave him an unfair disadvantage. Humans rarely trusted monsters, it infuriated him. He turned on his heels and began to walk to the next house.

Anger was beginning to get the best of him and was ready to head home accepting his fate of skipping out on the field trip due to lack of money raised. He only made three sales; his mom, his uncle, and his oldest sister.

He half heartedly knocked on the door. It was regular house looking nearly the exact same as every other one on the block. The noticeable difference was bright green grass and a variety of gorgeous flowers planted along the pathway to the door. He smiled admiring the the work.

He turned around about to leave when the door opened a few inches. He twirled around in surprise. "Hi, how can I help you?" A kind voice asked. A man squeezed outside trying to keep the door as shut as possible. He had dark brown hair with a patch of white. He was tall and fairly muscular. The man seemed to be in his early twenties.

Lance cleared his throat, "Um, I'm selling cookies for school to raise money."

"Oh! Yeah, we'd love some. I think I have cash. You can come inside if you'd like." The man offered.

Lance gladly accepted the kind gesture following him. "Thanks."
(DON'T GO IN PEOPLES HOUSES IF THEY'RE STRANGERS! IM JUST DOING IT FOR THE STORIES SAKE. DON'T DO WHAT LANCE DID. STAY SAFE Y'ALL.)

The man stuck his head in the door, "Keith, I'm opening the door." He said before opening it up letting Lance in. He couldn't see after entering for a moment as it was dark in the house and his eyes needed to adjust. When he could see again he watched the man search through drawers. "I'm pretty sure we have cash somewhere around here. Do you want anything? Water?"

"I'm alright, thank you." Lance said looking around the room still standing at the doorway.

"You can sit down if you want I'm sure it'll take a second." Shiro dove back into his drawers pushing things around. "I'm Shiro, my brother Keith is probably hiding up in his room."

"Oh, I'm Lance. I just live up the street."

"Oh, any luck with sales?" Shiro raised an eyebrow as he opened another drawer.

"Nope. You're the first to actually open their door, I've been through four neighborhoods."

"Why's that?" His head shot up in disbelief. But he quieted when he realized the reason for it. He bit at his cheek for a moment. "Hey Keith! Can you come down quick?!" He called catching Lance off guard.

He heard feet thump against the floor and a boy the same age as Lance came down the stairs. He had dark messy hair and was wearing dark cloths with a bright red jacket off set on his shoulders.

Lance almost gawked at the sight. He swallowed hard and sat quietly with his lips pursed.

"Do you have any cash?" Shiro asked.

Keith's eyes shifted from him to Lance and remained there for a moment. "Yeah, I think so." He walked over and grabbed his wallet pulling out a ten and a few ones.

Lances eyes never tore away; he couldn't help it.

"Thanks, he's selling cookies." Shiro stated and Keith almost laughed out loud.

Shiro elbowed him in the ribs and Keith shot him a glare in return.

"What kind do you have?" Shiro asked and Lance handed him a small flyer.

"So? Cookies huh?" Keith smirked.

"Yup." Lance said proudly.

Keith sat next to the Lance looking over his shoulder at the different kinds. The close proximity almost drove him mad.

"Hey Shiro, you should get some Girl Scout cookies." Keith said oblivious to his affect on the zombie.

"I was thinking the same thing." Shiro agreed. Lance couldn't focus his heart was beating 20 times per minute.

"Hey, you go to Altean High School?" Keith asked looking up at him curiously. He clearly saw the schools mascot, wildcats, on the flyer.

"Yeah. I'm a junior."

"Me too." Keith smiled.

"Really? I've never seen you at school." Lance said in disbelief. He'd never seen this boy before in his life and he knew that was a fact, he'd remember someone like him.

"I take online classes from home." Keith rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

Lance chuckled a little at the chance. "That's amazing, I wish I met you sooner, you could've helped me with chemistry." Lance pouted.

This got a laugh from Keith and Lances heart fluttered in response. "You missed out, I'm a chemistry nerd. I just suck at History."

"You're in luck, History is my expertise." The two boys chuckled before falling silent staring at each other admiringly.

"How about two boxes of Girl Scout cookies and one box of nutter butters." Shiro said ruining the moment.

"Oh yeah." Lance filled out the small square sheet and put the money in a small envelope.

"Wow, you don't have very many sales." Keith stated.

"Yeah people aren't exactly all that welcoming to zombies." Lance smiled straightening his arms out and giving a weak half smile.

"Tell me about it. People act like we're are cold blooded killers." Keith rolled his eyes. This caught the attention of Lance.

"You're a monster?" He asked.

Keith showed off his teeth revealing two sharp fangs. "Yeah, Vampire."

A smile slowly spread across Lances face.

A week later Lance brought the boxes of cookies on the designated day. He knocked and was giddy waiting for the door to be answered.

The door opened but no one was there. "Shiro isn't home, I can't go in the sun." Keith said from behind the door.

Lance walked in and the door shut behind him. Keith stepped out as gorgeous as ever. He cleared his throat, "Um, these are for you." His voice cracked mid sentence as he held out the boxes.

"Oh thanks." Keith smiled lightly setting them on the coffee table.

They stood in an awkward silence for a moment. "Um, I guess I should probably get going then." Lance rubbed his neck.

"Oh, yeah, okay. Lance walked to the door slowly.

"Wait." Keith stopped him.

"Yes?" Lance turned around a little to enthusiastic.

"Um, I need help on a math problem, I can't really get help from any teachers."  Keith said.

"I can take a look at it." Lance volunteered.

"Thanks."

They worked through the equation, a long and slow process but when they found the answer they were both in dread.

"Hey Keith?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me? Sometime?" Lance asked.

"Uh-I-e, Yes."

They both could hardly contain themselves. They exchanged numbers and could part ways feeling more confident.

They went on a date
It went well
They got married
They had little monster kids
👍👍👍 I'm not lazy

I totally had enough motivation to finish this. I definitely didn't try to hurry and finish it.