Bad Dream

I woke up in a cold sweat breathing heavily. I shivered and stood up quickly running and turning of the light. I was still really spooked. I had a dream that we were battling Zarvon and I messed up on the mission causing it to fail. I watched Keith die... and... and...

I felt my heart sink. I want to see him, it might be weird considering we're not close but... I just want to check on him. He doesn't even need to know I was there.

I snuck out and crept down the hallway. The door slid open quietly but it felt as loud as an air horn so I glanced at Keith. He seemed to stir slightly but otherwise was fast asleep.

I tip toed toward him and stopped standing above him. I stared for roughly three minutes. I felt much better. He was gorgeous, his black hair around him gracefully and his lips were slightly parted breathing lightly. The whole situation was peaceful. His eyelids tested squeezing shut and he at lightning speed had a knife to my throat.

We both screamed for a couple of seconds before he realized it was me and dropped the knife. "God! Lance! What are you doing?!" He whisper yelled.

"Nothing!" I quietly yelled back.

"No one sneaks into someone's bedroom at..." he checked the alarm clock in his bedside table, "2:34 in the morning." He threw his arms up. "What in the actual hell!?"

"I just came to check on you..." I said softly almost inaudible.

"Why? What's wrong?" His expression softened when he saw the look on my face and tone of voice.

"I just had a bad dream is all..." I said folding my arms more for security rather than attitude.

"Oh, did you- did you want to talk about it?" He asked patting his bed for me to sit down. I did so except I made myself more comfortable. I layer next to him above the sheets my legs crossed and my hands folded resting on my stomach.

"We we're battling Zarcon and well, I messed up. He-he k-killed you." I said feeling a lump in my throat.

His eyes narrowed and he looked concerned. He seemed to be contemplating something. Keith then leaned in placing a single sweet kiss on my cheek. "Nothing bad is going to happen, I'm alright see?"

I felt my recent emotions evaporate as I became flustered. "Um, Keith, if it's alright with you, do you think I could stay with you for tonight." I looked at hip hopeful.

"Yeah, of course." He said lifting his sheets and I crawled under them. We cuddled up and I had the best sleep in ages. Morning was the best co side ring I woke up to the beautiful raven haired boy.