Dinner and Ghosts

Okay okay, so I watch Buzzfeed Unsolved Supernatural and that's what gave me this idea.

While Keith was driving Lance pulled out the camera and began recording. "Alright guys. Today is our first investigation ever. We're going to Hotel Alex Johnson. A haunted hotel in South Dakota. Keith what do you think?"

He shrugged. "I guess it will be cool to walk around a hotel in the dark."

"Oh, and Keith here is what we call a skeptic." Lance shot a glare at him.

"What can I say, I won't believe in ghosts until I actually see and come face to face with one. I need evidence." He said turning a corner in the small town.

"Whatever. Oh look! There it is!" Keith admired Lance get close to the windshield for a better look, his eyes full of amazement.

It was a simple old looking hotel but it was impossible to miss. It had a large sight on top that read 'Hotel Alex Johnson'.

"Keith admit it, aren't you even a bit scared?." Lance asked looking back over at him as he sat back in his chair.

"Nope. Maybe, if ghosts were real then yes." Keith smirked as Lance gave him a dirty look.

"They are real! You're just to stubborn to admit you're scared!" Lance folded his arms.

Keith rolled his eyes laughing to himself. They arrived at Alex Johnson and began to unpack a few cameras and set them up all throughout the hotel. Lance watched Keith try to set up a camera higher up. Lance easily could've helped him considering he's taller than poor Keith but, instead he watched. Lance thought it was the most adorable thing. He then became painfully aware of how his shirt lifted slightly showing the bottom of his stomach.

"Could you stop sitting there like an idiot and give me a hand?" Keith looked back struggling. "My arms are getting tired but I'm to short to connect the cables."

Lance laughed to himself as he walked up behind Keith chest pressed against his back and helped connect the camera so Keith could finally let go and put his arms back down.

Keith however was now aware of the position. He was practically leaning back on Lance or Lance was leaning on him. When Lance walked away to finish setting up other equipment, Keith let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Hey Keith! I think that's everything! Wanna go find some place to eat while we wait for it to get dark?" Lance asked closing up a case they used to pack the night vision lenses to the cameras in.

"Yeah sure." Keith google mapped close places to eat and with some bickering decided on a place called
Delmonico Grill. (It's a real place, I google mapped it near Alex Johnson, boom. That's dedication)

Keith's POV:
Lance locked the hotel doors and we got in the van and left. The food was delicious and it was a wonderful place. We sat across from each other in a booth. We had folders out and we were skimming over the Hotels history. Lances golfer closed and I heard him sigh. I looked up from my reading and took another bite of my food.

"This is boring." Lance said.

"But necessary." I finished.

It was silent for a few moment ms longer as I read. I finally gave in and closed my folder and Lance perked up. We talked a little bit. It was mostly light conversation talking about life and stuff or interests. Turns out we were both space nerds.

"Can I get you any desert?" The waitress asked smiling. It was probably forced.

I looked at Lance and Lance looked at me before he got a mischievous grin. "Wanna share a slice of chocolate cake?"

I smiled and rolled his eyes. "Sure."

"I'll have that right out." She said turning around before turning back and looking at me slightly nervous. "Um, so, I was wondering if I could get your number and maybe hang out some time?"

It took me a minute to process what was happening and I was slightly in a panic. I'm not into girls but she was definitely pretty and there's no doubt she'd have trouble finding a boyfriend. But why ask me if all people!? "I-uh. Um."

"Sorry, but I'm his boyfriend." Lance said grabbing my hand in his and smiling. The moment he said it my head snapped it couldn't look at him fast enough. I was utterly speechless. She looked at me for confirmation and I nodded rubbing his hand with my thumb to show a bit of affection.

"I'm. So. Sorry." She said sweetly. "I didn't realize. You two are cute together though." She scrambled to get away from the awkward situation.

I looked at him wide eyed. "What was that?"

Lance chuckled. "I was saving you. You're welcome. Or... were you actually interested in her?" When asked the last question his face dropped a little.

"I-I'm not into... girls." I said slightly embarrassed. Lance smiled and gripped my hand a little tighter which I realized that we never let go.

"Here's your cake." She said quickly and left.

There was only one fork. When the dirty plates were taken away she took the silverware too. "I'll ask for another fork." I turned to get a waiters attention but Lance stopped me.

"We can share. Unless you're scared?" He said almost like a challenge. A challenge I'll win.

"I'm not scared. Not of ghosts and not of you." I smiled.

"Alright." He got his mischievous grin back from earlier and picked up the fork. He got a piece of the cake on it and let go of my hand so he could rest his head on it. He held the fork up for me to eat.

"Are you serious. You're not feeding me." I folded my arms leaning on the table.

"What do you have to lose?"

"My dignity, my pride... wait. Point taken." I sighed and then leaned forward taking the bite. I felt like all eyes were on us and I was feeling incredibly awkward. Lance laughed a bit taking a bite for himself.

Lance held up another bite for me. "I'm so going to kill you. I took the bite. "But two can play at this game." I grabbed my napkin and wiped the corner of his mouth slowly. We were acting like a clingy romantic couple. And I think what was worse was I was having fun. Lance was now the flustered one and I smirked at how the tables turned.

"It's starting to get dark." I laughed.

"Time for some ghosts."