Mermaid Lance AU

Yup I'm giving in and doing a mermaid Lance one shot.

I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door. "Bye mamá!" I yelled. I was running late today. I charged into school and immediately went to class making it in just the nick of time. I pulled out my math homework and prepared for the lesson. 'Math is so boring!' I thought. But there is one perk about my class in particular.

I glanced over at Keith who was reading a book his hand was over his mouth slightly and I thought I was going to combust.

The teacher walked in with a stack of papers. "Sorry I'm late, I was grabbing your homework off the printer." Everyone groaned annoyed that we had another assignment. I was still watching Keith.

His eyes moved back and forth quickly over the lines but when the teacher began the lesson he looked up and caught my gaze. Crap. I looked away quickly and pretended to write something down.

Yeah I was practically a stalker to Keith in math but I couldn't help it. Everything he did was just... cute! I was writing down notes in my notebook and would occasionally glance at him.

You see I've known Keith from when I was like 10. I've had a crush on him ever since then. He's my next door neighbor, we both live next to the ocean. I still remember little 10 year old Keith knocking on our door and greeting my mom with a plate of cookies his family made for Christmas. I remember I was peeking around the corner trying to get a good look when he caught my staring. He had smiled at me and waved.

I think he was a bit confused that my mom randomly wound up with another child out of no where who was already 10. My parents found me on the shore outside their house. I was in my human form. They took me in and adopted me and I've kept the secret that I'm a mermaid from them since. No one knows but me and I intend to keep it that way.

The only issue is... I can't get wet. A drop of water and my secret is out. I've had some pretty close calls too. Getting out of dishes is a struggle and I can't drink water around anyone at the chance of getting some on me. Pranks are in my nightmares.

I wasn't really friends with Keith but my friends were. I typically stayed on the down low at school or anywhere for that matter.

I immediately got distracted when I noticed the light sprinkle of rain outside the window. Oh no. I didn't check to see if it was going to rain today because I was running late. I usually played sick if it was bad enough or I'd go in a full raincoat, pants with leggings underneath, boots and an umbrella.

After a bit of panicking, note taking, and stalking, the bell rang. I packed up my stuff and my mind began to rave on how I would get home.

"Hey."

My head whipped around to see Keith. Damn he looked really cute. "Hi." I said breathily.

"I think this is the first time I haven't seen you in your getup when it's raining." He laughed.

"Oh that old thing. And I didn't know it was going to rain today." My gaze wandered to the window nervously.

"Are you scared of water?" He asked as we began to walk out together. I can't believe I'm talking to Keith Kogane.

"No of course not! Why would I be afraid of water?" I laughed. "I just don't like to get wet."

"Whatever scaredy cat. I could walk you home if you want?" He offered. My eyes went a bit wider at what he'd just said.

Keith. My crush. Just offered to walk me home. "Sure, I'd love that. Thanks." I said immediately without thinking.

"Sweet. I'll meet you in the cafeteria after school. Bye." He waved and I waved back practically on cloud 9. That was until I remembered. Why did I do that?! I can't go in the rain like this!