The Plan

3rd person POV:

The Galra had Keith and Lance cornered. They both put up their shields in an attempt for more time.

"Any ideas?" Keith yelled holding off some bullets with great force.

"Uh, Yeah actually, I have a plan!" Lance exclaimed shooting and hitting a Galra in the face.

"Is it a good plan?" He said keeping up his shield as he rolled into enemy fire to get to Lances side.

"I have a plan." Lance repeated glancing around the area in hopes of something useful.

"Fine, let me hear it." Keith said dodging a bullet that was too close for comfort.

"I'll cover you, go take the panel of the vent!" Lance instructed, Keith nodded and did so.

A beam was shot at Keith but was blocked perfectly by Lance. "Thanks..." Keith breathed.

"You can Thank me later! Hurry!" Lance said fending off a small bundle of Galra shooting two in the shoulders.

"Got it! Let's go!" Keith urged and they both crawled in closing it up behind them.

"What now genius?" Keith glared at Lance.

"Sh!" Lance quickly put his hand over Keith's mouth as the footsteps of a fleet of Galra soldiers ran past the vent. In those few moments they both realized just how tight and compact the ventilation system was. They were tall but narrow, different from ones on earth. Lance and Keith were very close, their light dusted cheeks went unnoticed by each other due to it being so dark. Lance moved his hand away but didn't move and continued to stare at Keith.

"Thank you, Lance." Keith said quietly almost a whisper.

"Yeah, don't mention it." Lance said before blinking out of his mental state of staring at Keith. He maneuvered himself to turn around and scoot down hugging the wall. Keith followed close behind.

After a minute of getting no where, they heard a noise behind them of Galra soldiers squeezing into the vents with them. Lance and Keith quickly shared a glance before scooting as quickly as possible.

"It's so dark, I can't see anythi-" Lance started. They were both falling and crashed through to the ground landing hard. They rubbed their heads in pain. "You're not falling for me are you Keith?"

"Remind me to sock you for that one later. We gotta go!" Keith said getting up and helping Lance. Though it was too late.

Galra soldiers can around the corner aiming their guns directly at the two. Keith reacted immediately pulling Lance behind a pillar and whipping out his sword and shield protecting them.

"What do we do? There's like five of them!" Keith said pulling his head behind his shield as a bullet flew by.

"Actually, it looks more like eight." Lance added pulling out his gun readily.

"Oh, my bad that I wasn't specific enough!" Keith growled.

"Yeah, yeah, they're no biggie." Lance said shooting 3, one getting back up unaffected. Suddenly Keith jerked Lance back with incredible force.

Lance was about to say something but a bullet flew by. Keith saved him from getting his head blown to pieces.

"Thanks..." Lance stared at him for a moment.

"Get shooting, you can thank me later." Keith said looking out at the soldiers. Lance picked them off one by one an within minutes all of them were taken care of.

They breathed heavily catching their breath. "Hey Keith, what you did back there... thanks." Lance said full of embarrassment.

"No, thank you. You did the same back when I was taking off the panel." Keith replied walking closer to him.

"This may be a bad time considering we're lost on a Galra ship, are about to get bombarded with 100's of more soldiers and have no idea where the rest of our team is, but I like you, like, like like you." Lance said nervously.

"You're right, this is a bad time. But, I like like you too. I'd kiss you, though there's a good chance one of us would get shot in the back." Keith laughed.

"You're right, we'll save it for when we get out of this mess alive."

"Guys!" Pidge whisper yelled.

The team came quietly running down the hallway. "Where have you been!?" Shiro said in his dad voice.

"Honestly, we're not even sure." Lance and Keith laughed.