The Mullet Is Gone

Request By: 123456doggo

Keith cut off his mullet. It was weird not having it. He continued to forget and would reach up to touch it only to find short hair. He hadn't left his room yet so the others still haven't seen.

It didn't look bad, just different. He's gotten to used to the mullet.

He slid open the door walking through the hallway to an unsuspecting Lance. Keith walked into the lounge and sat on the couch, dinner would be done shortly.

Lance had his earbuds in and eyes closed, something he did often. Keith actually felt kind of anxious for the boy's approval. He tried not to act like he wanted the attention from Lance but he was starting to get annoyed. A few minutes passed and Lance hasn't even noticed Keith came in.

"Hey Keith, dinners ready, could you get Lan- WOAH! Your hair!" Hunk exclaimed. "It looks great! Weird not to see it long though."

"Uh, Thanks." Keith said a little embarrassed.

"I have to pull the lasagna out of the oven, could you tell Lance dinners ready?" Hunk asked and Keith nodded.

Keith stood up and was about to tap on Lances shoulder but he thought that Lance might think he wants him to notice the hair. He circled around to be behind Lance and tapped. Lance pulled out his earbuds looking around taken by surprise. "Dinner is ready."

Lance glanced over his shoulder knowing it's Keith. He didn't actually look so the hair remained unnoticed. Keith wanted to bang his head against the wall several times. "Okay, be there in a minute."

Keith left Lance in the lounge and headed for the dining area. Of course he had to like the most oblivious person in the universe. Keith dished himself a plate and sat down in his seat. The paladins besides Hunk stared wide eyed.

"Keith! You cut your hair!" Shiro smiled.

"Yeah, it was getting a little too long for me." Keith explained touching it again.

Lance walked in not even looking over to Keith. He got himself a plate of food and sat down. He took a bite just as he looked at the mullet-less boy.

Lance choked.

He pounded on his chest coughing and wheezing. The boy downed a whole glass of water to sooth it. His eyes watered and Hunk looked concerned patting his back. When Lance regained his composure his face was red and he looked very flustered.

"K-Keith! You cut your hair!" He let out a nervous gay laugh.

"Yeah, I guess." Keith shrugged cooly trying to act as if it weren't a big deal. The others caught on and all exchanged looks knowing the two were into each other.

"It-um you know, looks really good." Lance complimented avoiding eye contact.

Keith was ready to implode. Lance just complimented his hair! "Thanks." Keith said maintaining his composure.

'Oh my gosh, he's so hot.' Lance complained to himself. He could see a small pink blush on the boy's cheeks and he wanted to kiss it. He always thought Keith was hot but damn.

Keith had finished his food standing up to clean it. Lance barely made a dent in his as he'd been thinking about Keith and possibility of a rejection if he were to confess.

The others hadn't really eaten much yet either, they were too busy looking back and forth between the boys to see if either of them would make a move.

Lance ditched his full plate, "I'm not that hungry." He took off after Keith.

Lance didn't scrape his plate as he was actually hungry and watched Keith rinse off his dish. Lance was practically drooling and he joined Keith at the sink.

"You really do look good." Lance said standing next to him. He saw the familiar pink rise to Keiths cheeks.

"Thanks." Keith said turning off the water and drying his hands.

'Wow, he's so chill.' Lance thought.

Keith was internally screaming. Lance just complimented his hair again. He turned to walk away but Lance grabbed his arm.

Lance knew this was a bad idea. Keith didn't show any signs of interest, but Lance didn't care at this point. "Keith, I like you." He blurted.

Keith looked at him with wide eyes and walked closer. They stared at each other for a moment before kissing.

"See, what did I say." Hunk said pointing to the two. "They were totally going to get together one way or another."

"Hunk!" Lance whined at the boy ruining the moment.

"Sorry." He put his hands up. "Just thought someone besides Pidge should ruin the good moment in this chapter."