Numero 12

So I just found out yesterday that Valentine's Day is this Wednesday. A.k.a tomorrow. I wanted to write a special chapter so I may or may not be doing this 55 minutes before Valentine's Day. I'm not kidding, it's 11:05. I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow....

LANCE POV:
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, obviously everyone on this ship forgot the special holiday so it's my job to surprise everyone, especially Keith. My plan has to be so amazing, so cheesy, and alas, sweet. "I got it!!" I yelled jumping up from the couch getting a few confused looks from my fellow paladins. But I didn't care at the moment, I just came up with the perfect idea, and I'll need all the time I can get.

3RD PERSON POV:

"Hey guys, aren't you the least bit concerned? Now that I think about it, he's also been acting slightly strange." Keith asked turning to his fellow paladins questioningly.

Without looking up from her laptop, Pidge responded, "Nah, it's Lance. He's probably acting like that because Valentine's Day is tomorrow." She pecked the keys quickly.

"That's right, I forgot about that. What does Valentine's have to do with anything anyway. We're in the middle of space." He asked throwing his arms up.

"I dunno, maybe he has taken a particular liking to someone here~!" Hunk said suggestively already knowing about Lances crush on Keith.

"I guess so, he's probably making something for Allura." Keith said and as much as he tried to hide it, there was aggravation behind his voice.

"Did you hear that?!" Pidge Asked in amazement.

"Yeah! I think I did!" Hunk joined.

"It was the sound of sweet sweet jealously!" Pidge laughed. Causing Keith to become defensive.

"Jealous of what? Allura? Please, I don't like Lance like that, don't be stupid!" Keith was red and had his arm folded.

"Jealous." Said Pidge.

"Jealous." Agreed Hunk.

"Shiro back me up on this!" Keith pleaded.

"Keith, I know you want me to cover for you and all but... Jealous." Shiro said holding his hands up.

"Whatever no one wants your opinion anyway!" Keith huffed childishly and stomped off to his room.

Meanwhile...

LANCE POV:

I got a bunch of simple craft supplies or at least what closely resembled and related to earth arts and crafts tools. I started cutting out as many paper hearts as I could. Before I knew it, my room was filled with 10's. 100's! 1000's!!!!

When I decided there was more than enough, I began to go through and write something I liked about Keith on each one and made sure not to repeat any.

It was late and everyone was fast asleep by the time I finished. I filled bags up with the hearts and then snuck down the hallway to Keith's room. I stuck a bunch to his door before going inside. He was fast asleep cuddled up in bed and I stopped to admire the sight. But I have a job to do. I dumped out the bags and stuck many to his walls. His floor was no longer visible with the thin layer of hearts. For the final touch I threw some on his bed too.

I felt like a total ninja. But then worry flooded me. This was a bad idea, what if he doesn't like guys, what if he doesn't like me? What if this makes him uncomfortable? I was about to clean up all the hearts before Keith moved in bed to roll over. In a panic of not knowing if he was awake or not I ran out of the room shutting the door quietly behind me. All I can do now is wait for morning...

(Time skip):

KEITHS POV:

I woke up and rolled over. I felt paper tickle my nose and I jerked back and rubbed my nose confused. My blurry vision cleared and I was surprised to do my room a mess with a bunch of paper hearts. There's got to be a hundred maybe more. "What is this...?" I asked aloud picking one up and examining it.

Gorgeous eyes

I cocked and eyebrow questioningly before dropping it and picking up another.

Courageous

I grabbed handfuls and held them up, all displaying compliments. "What?" I said in none other than confusion.

Meanwhile~

LANCES POV:

I barely got any sleep, my stunt kept me up all night just thinking. Thinking about several scenarios in my head of how it's wasn't going to work. After an hour of sleep and it being 6:04, a single thought popped into my head.

I wasn't finished. I still have one more thing to do. I sat up quickly and made one final heart, bigger than the rest with a smaller different color heart inside. I then very neatly wrote:

If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.

It's cheesy, I know. But it's better than something like:

Are you an astronaut because your ass is out of this world.

I got dressed knowing I wouldn't be going back to bed. I did my hair to the best of my abilities and grabbed the heat. I took a deep breath before stepping out into the hallway.

My mind was yelling at me to turn back while I still could but I had no other choice. I stopped in front of his door and took another deep breath, almost forgetting to exhale.

I heard him say a soft "What?" From his room. I slowly lifted my hand which felt like a hundred pounds and knocked. I froze and held my breath waiting.

"I... um, one second." I heard some crashing and slight fumbling from all over the room.

KEITHS POV:

I was positive whoever was at the door had left the hearts. I scrambled to get dressed in a decent outfit and fingered through my hair. Could it be Lance? No, he made it clear he has a thing for Allura, right? Unless...?

Wishful thoughts crept into my mind as I finally stopped in front of the door. I held my breath and opened it. Lance!

He had an obvious bright blush spread across his cheeks as he smiled guiltily rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey," He said as casually as he could.

"Hey," I replied in awe. Instead of saying anything else he just pushed a heart that stood out from the others into my hands. I read it and immediately felt my cheeks heat up.

If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.

"I know, it's really cheesy and all and you may not really be interested in dating another dude or even me for that matter also I had another idea but I felt like it didn't express my feelings enough and well I just decided to-" he continued to ramble on absolute embarrassment. I cut him off by cupping his cheeks and softly kissing him on the lips. Lance melted into it and his eyes fluttered closed.

When we parted a large grin spread across both of our faces. When suddenly I got the idea. "If we both had a garden, I'd put our tulips together." I said slyly gripping onto his jacket.

"I like that idea." Lance said as he took another kiss and we walked backward into the room. The door shut behind us. Need I say, I for once enjoyed Valentines Day.