Office

So I woke up at three a.m. and now it's five and I still haven't fallen back asleep. So I decided to pull out my phone and write this lol.

I quickly slipped into the elevator, giddy as I pressed the button for second floor. It was officially my third day of working here. A company that sells and invests in modern tech.

The pay is fantastic, I get my own desk, and the people are amazing. All I have to do is fill out paper work!

I straightened my tie. 'I should be the kind of person who brings coffee. No, wait, we already have a coffee machine. Donuts! Plus it's cheaper.'

The doors opened and I stride out. After clocking in, I sit at my desk and pull out my laptop. Everything was in place and I quickly scan the office. About three dozen would be plenty.

I looked to see no one was at the coffee machine so I stood up to get some. This place is fantastic and it's only day three! I slid a mug under and set the small cup in. It began to dispense and I quietly tapped my fingers happily.

Someone walked up to the counter pulling out a mug of their own. "Morning," I turned to him with a smile.

"Uh, morning," he said caught off guard.

He looked to be my age, a little shorter than me, and his hair was dark but slightly longer pulled into a low loose ponytail. "I'm Lance." I held out my hand.

"Keith." He shook it.

"Oh! Oh, you're my boss!" My eyes went a little wide.

"Yeah, I guess," he chuckled, "are you new here?"

"Third day." I pulled my mug out and took out the plastic cup tossing it. "Here, let me." I put in a new cup of grounds and took his mug sliding it under.

"Thanks," He leaned against the counter.

"How do you take your coffee?" I asked as it finished dispensing.

"Cream and sugar." Keith yawned.

"Tired?" I asked dumping in the sweetener and mixing it with a wooden stir stick.

"Yeah," he nodded, "Shiro gave me a huge project. I was working on it all night."

"Shiro?" I handed him his coffee.

"Bigger boss." He took a sip. "Also my brother."

"Your brother is your boss?" I asked taking a sip of my black coffee.

"Yeah, sucks too. It means he's not afraid to dump work on me." He chuckled rolling his head back to stretch out his neck.

I felt myself stare longer than appropriate and I glanced down at my mug. "Sounds like brothers. I love my siblings, but I'd strangle them if they were my coworkers."

"I've considered it," He laughed, "but he controls my pay." Suddenly his eyes widened at the time on the microwave. 7:58. "Oh shit I'm gonna be late for a meeting!" He nearly spilled his coffee as he sped out of the room. He poked his head back in, "It was nice meeting you."

I chuckled to myself and took a sip of my coffee. Day three and I found my office crush. The Pam to my Jim.

I sat back down at my desk and began to fill out paperwork.

Finally it was time to clock out and I began to pack up my things. I joined two women in the elevator and they looked at me and giggled. Is something on my face?

I saw Keith heading down the hall for the elevator with a bag on his side with his laptop and work. I reached out and held the doors.

"Thanks," He stepped in and stared forward with a tight grip on the strap of his bag.