Famous Artist Keith

Lance had had enough

Everything had been going wrong all day.

First, he tripped going down the stairs of his apartment complex and dropped his phone in the process cracking it. Then, while he was walking to school, he stepped in gum! It gets worse..., when he arrived on campus, someone riding by on a bike accidentally nocked him down into the grass. And to make all matters worse, Professor Takashi gave a pop quiz.

"What's up buddy?" Hunk clapped a hand on his shoulder happily.

Lance startled. "Dude! You scared me!" He was simply heading back to his apartment after the long day despite it only being eleven in the morning. His next class wasn't until much later. At least it was his last year and he'd be done with college for good.

"Sorry," he gave Lance a friendly shake, "what're you up to?"

"I was gonna head home for a bit until physics 302. I'm actually having the worst day in history."

"What if instead, you went to the mall with Pidge and I?! That might turn your day around!" Hunk spoke excitedly giving him a nudge.

"I don't know... my luck is really bad. It might rub off on you guys." Lance said playfully.

"Nah! All you need is some positive vibes! To which Pidge and I will bestow upon you." Hunk struck a noble pose.

"You've convinced me." Lance rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "Mind if I ride with you? I left my car at home to save gas."

"'Course buddy!" Hunk led the way to his adorably small car.

"Did you invite Shay?" Lance asked wiggling his brows.

Hunks cheeks flushed, "No! Why would I invite her?"

"Because you've got a super big crush on her!" Lance hummed smugly.

"I do not! And besides, what is this? High school?" Hunk pouted starting the car.

"Whatever you say buddy..." Lance laughed. "Can I be DJ?!"

"Sure," Hunk rolled his eyes.

Lance connected to the aux and immediately began to play Keith Kogane. He couldn't get enough of his music recently.

"Keith Kogane? Lance, you're so predictable." Hunk gave him a knowing smile.

"Don't give me that look! I actually like his music! It's not just because he's drop dead hot, thank you very much." Lance turned up his nose and dialed up the volume.

Lance let his head fall back against the headrest. He let the music wash over him and drown him in the soft gravely sound of Keith Kogane's voice.

It was generally known that Keith had been through both of his parents passing and was raised in the foster system. He didn't often talk about his time before his growing fame, but he conveyed emotions well through his music.