A lie is a lie

Quesoftheday: Who do you imagine as the Glena twins or more specifically Reen Glena?

I roll down on my stomach on the couch and the blanket falls down on the floor. I sigh closing my eyes when I realize Oren is in her office so I just can't yell her name to pick it up and blanket me. Yes, fortunately I've the unofficial award for the laziest person in the world.

Derick, since yesterday night, the only thing which is haunting me is his appearance after five years. Yes. Five years is the exact duration he has been away from here, away from me. What has dragged him back here again after all these years?

"Reen?"

Taking a peek of mum standing at the door, I sit up on my bed crossing my leg. She comes towards me and sits after pressing her palm against my forehead and then my cheeks.

"You didn't go for work today?" She asks anxiously.

No mum, actually your daughter got fired because she has hit a customer by shoe and make that person senseless.

"No mum actually I was feeling a bit sick since the morning, nothing you should worry about." I reply placing my head on her thighs and close my eyes in comfort when she starts running her fingers in my hair.

"Of course it's a thing I should worry about, you're not a girl who skips classes or works unless you're on hospital bed." She tells.

"Cmon mum! Why are you so jealous of my holiday?" I pout looking at her and she smiles, pinching my nose softly.

"Mum?" I sit up on the bed hastily and look at her, "Suppose, you've lied to someone. Now you're feeling guilty and you want that person to know the truth. But if the person knows the truth, it can be so harmful for the people around you. What would you do in this situation?" I ask looking at her with a serious expression.

"Well." She chuckles lightly, "a lie is a lie Reen. A Lie is like a tree. Once you let it grow, it'd keep growing into branches and then plants, passing the flow to the all the upcoming. If you've cut it once when it started to grow, maybe it would've stopped itself and a lot of bad consequences would be collapsed by a temporary pain."

"But that temporary pain ends the whole future of that tree, am I right?" I wiggle my eyebrows looking at her sadly.

"I agree, you can call it sacrifice." She nods before looking at me. "I don't know what you're hiding from me but you need to learn hiding well." She laughs looking at me and the next moment I hug her, placing my head in the warm crook of her neck.

"I'd try my best from the next time." I giggle when she passes me the ice cream bowl she was hiding behind her since she entered in this room.

//

"No, I'm not going to any freaking party Oren!" I yell angrily looking at her, my nails digging the soft skin of my palms harshly.

"Reen what has gotten into you since the past few days? You're coming back home late every night and you've been acting so rude and stubborn when you're home! This is getting intolerable I'm telling you!" Oren doesn't bother to empty her angry stomach in front of mum and dad.

She's not wrong, I've been late because I've been looking for a decent job all day long and at the end of the day my disappointed mind drags me to the place where I shove off my all day long pain with a few pints of burning liquors. Not only this, the sudden reoccurrence of Derick and the unceasing thoughts of Louis striking my mind are also the reasons.

And now she tells me that Louis' mother has arranged a dinner party for everyone who works with him in his office along with their family. Because she's going to stay with him from now on so she wants to meet everyone. Okey I respect her mother's decision fully doubting the fact that how that sweet lady can be his mother but why family! I don't want to see his face anymore.