What About Us?

Quesoftheday: Did you realise that I forgot to ask quesoftheday in the last chapter?  :'( And then when I realised, I intentionally didn't put it back again to see your reaction but  there was none? :-\

JK guys, cuddles and Kissy. x

I sigh looking at the piles of files in front of me, keeping the empty coffee mug away from the papers. I tug my hair up from both of my sides and close my tired eyes for a while, leaning more to the comfy chair I’m sitting on.

“And I thought Christmas is a celebration for everyone.” I open my eyes and half smile as Shawn enters inside my room, shaking his head and blabbering at the same time.

“Hey man, chill!” I stand up from my chair and walk towards him.

“Chill? Cmon Reen!” Shawn laughs sarcastically rolling his eyes at me. “I think Waliyah is going to break up with me.”

“What?” I widen my eyes in surprise. “How did you counted the stars and predicted this Mr. Astrologer?”

“Well it’s because I’ve been so busy these days so we don’t talk much and go out. I think she’s pissed off with me because I’m not saving enough time for her.” Shawn leaves a long breathe burying his head in his hands, closing his eyes.

“Shawn, you and your super negative thinking powers is actually so unrealistic!” I jerk him by his shoulders to make him look at me, “Nothing is going to happen like you’re thinking. No breakups. Leave early today and take her somewhere. Talk to her and make her realize you’re just a bit busy these days. Tell her that it’s her support all you need.” I squeeze his hand as he half smiles.

“Leave early? Who’d complete my data entry for today? You?” He stands up patting his knees and wiggling his eyebrows mockingly.

“Yes.” I smile widely surprising him with my answer. “I’d do it for you. Now go save your love life!” I push him out of the room before he can deny and close the door.

I smile looking at the closed door and get back to my comfy chair. But the comfort doesn’t help when I don’t have even time to lean my back against it. Knowing exactly what can boost me up, I open my picture gallery and scroll to some pictures of me and Fiona. A giggle almost slips from my lips when a picture of Oren and me flashes all of a sudden. It’s taken in our last birthday party and as everytime, we are wearing the same dress with two different colors, Oren wearing red and I’m in black.

“Oren?”

I stand up from my seat with a mood full of surprise discovering my photocopy on the doorstep of my office room. Though it’s been a while but it’s the first time Oren is stepping inside my office room.

“Nice working place, just as you used to dream Reen.” Oren mutters smiling as she looks around after the door is closed behind her.

“Yeah,” I chuckle looking down as she steps forward and takes a seat in one of the two chairs in front of my desk. “But there must be a reason what dragged your heels here. If you’re thinking I’ve saved my BigMac for you which I bought for lunch, you’re wrong because…………………”

Do you love Louis Reen?”

She cuts me off as I look at her with widened eyes. An obscurity surrounds the air around me when I open my lips and close it for several times. I try to set my mind with a proper answer when I see the corner of Oren’s eyes getting heavy.

I don’t love Louis.

I can’t love Louis.

I shouldn’t love Louis.