Sacrifice Lungs For You

A/N: Have you ever struggled  hard to  forgive someone? Have you succeeded to forgive them, how?

Sometimes we appreciate only the things we’re used to see, just like the only moon in the dark sky my eyes are gazing right now. What if there was more than one moon in the sky and only one star?

I leave a long breathe and look at Fiona sleeping under the blanket of moonlight peacefully, her lips pressed in a small smile.
I used to think only people in TV always fake sleeps with a smile over their face before I discovered Fiona does the same. If I could see how I do I look like while sleeping, I bet I’d find myself as a twin of a sleeping hippopotamus.

I stand up carefully not making a sound and walk downstairs towards the kitchen as my thirsty throat guides me to. I haven’t even passed a night in Louis’ house and I’m already hovering like a zombie inside the house at 3 am. Hope I don’t scare Johannah or Louis in this early morning.

Before I could switch on the light of the kitchen, my eyes widen watching a darker shade of a person through the window. It takes me no moment to realize it’s Louis in the garden watching the messed up hairstyle. I take a water bottle from the fridge and walk towards the garden.
I stop just beside him and sigh looking at the burning cigarette between his index and middle finger. He shakes it so that ashes are brushed off before he places it between his lips, leaving a huge amount of smoke afterwards.

“It’s quite late, why haven’t you slept yet?” He asks not looking at me, his eyes still on the empty road outside the gate.

“Have you heard those ancient love lines where the girl says what can you do for me and the boy replies that he can do anything, he’d sacrifice his heart for her, even his life? Well, in your case, you need someone who can say that they can sacrifice lungs for you!” I look at him annoyingly and he looks back, a half smile over his lips.

My whole body covers with goosebumps when I gaze at his blue eyes which is shining brighter than anything in the sky. My unmanageable eyes rack to his lips and then look down after I found his widen eyes on me.

“Don’t smoke please, it’s stinky.” I coo looking down at my moving feet. “You still haven’t asked anything about Fiona which is making me so curious.”

It really is making me curious that he hasn’t asked me about Fiona or Derick, especially about Fiona. It’s not unusual for people asking me about Fiona being my child and dragging lots of whispers when they know I’m a single mother. It’s the kind of society I live in where men are pitied when they’re a single father but women are thrown nasty whispers when they’re found as a single mother. And we say we are the survivors of 21st century and talking about equal rights.

“She called you mom that means you are, nothing more I guess I want to know or think.” He chuckles before making another smoke ring by his lips, letting it mix away with the air just like the expression on his face.

“Have you told Oren that I’m……………….”

“Reen!” He cuts me off rolling his eyes and looks at me, cupping my shoulders with his hands. “You’re my friend and I don’t need to give anyone a flying f……..hell and explain why you’re staying with me, got it?”

“She asked me where I’m a while ago and I said the truth. I’m glad she’s not pissed off of it. Maybe just because I left all my ice creams in the fridge and she can have them all alone now.” I coo shaking the water bottle in my hand sadly and then giggle when I see Louis smiling.

I made him smile.

We both look at the door when someone’s sudden appearance pushes us apart.

“You were smoking, right Louis?” Johannah asks looking at Louis with her sleepy eyes boldly.