Can I Love You Too?

Quesoftheday: If you have read my other story Fireflakes, say something you remember from it. :-P

I play on the next song and tie a bun over my head before tying two tiny buns in Fiona's hair. She takes a hairband from her little pink box and pushes her bangs back. Today is Sunday so the mommy and her daughter has decided to do some painting together. The last time I saw Louis is in the garden when I was having tea with dad this morning. He's visiting us quite often nowadays and for an unknown reason, I'm not pushing myself to ask him anything about it. Because we don't demand for an answer when the situation is pleasant and peaceful at the same time.

I was concerned about Oren but she seems to be fine with Louis' appearance here. I've noticed her talking to him normally a few times which has quite relieved my tensed nerves. Mum and dad both has become so obsessed with Louis and they are secretly sensing my evergreen future with him while I haven't even started thinking about the baby leaves of that plant. It's not like I haven't realized that I've slowly but hardly fallen for this gentleman with sass. But I'm confused if I should feel loved again, I'm scared. I'm not sure about its permanency when Louis is a person with temporary decisions and lot of mood swings.

Falling in love is tranquil but establishing it isn't a child's play, it's an irony. Especially when Fiona isn't telling me why he doesn't like Louis.

"Mummahh?" I'm cut off by Fiona pulling the corner of my crop top to grab my full attention. "Can we tell Jenna to join us?"

"Jenna has a friend to visit today, she can join us maybe some other time." I smile realizing how much Johannah and Fiona has gotten close to each other.

We both take the pots full of paint brushes and walk to the big art papers laid down on the floor. I put away the paint brushes and make Fiona sit on my lap. Taking her hands in mine, I dip her palms on the big color tray and make handprints on the paper. She jumps on her butt on my lap and claps at the same time.

Taking my wrists, she does the same thing, making another handprint of mine beside hers.
I take the paintbrushes and write mommy and Fiona down the handprints. Suddenly I feel someone's sudden appearance behind me and I turn around, smiling at the sunshine of my cloudy sky.

Louis sits on his knees beside Fiona and without hesitation, he presses his palms against the palette full of paint. Once his palms are fully colored in blue, he presses it against the art paper just beside Fiona's red handprints.

"You are notttt my daddd." Fiona stands up furiously before yelling at Louis with her cracked voice.

Before I can approach her, she's running fast downstairs. I bury my head in my hands and sigh heavily. My tears start to fall down on my lap as I feel Louis' hand caressing my back. I hide my face in Louis' chest once his warmth embraces me, wrapping me fully with his arms.

"I don't know what has happened with her Louis. This kinda behavior from her is totally new to me, she has never talked with anyone in a raised up voice until that day you first visited our house." I sniffle curling up my fingers on his chest as he releases my tension just by running his fingers in my hair.

"I did the same when Ian, I mean my dad, when he was dating mom." I look at Louis surprisingly as he chuckles lightly. "I remember I used to pour cold water on him whenever he'd come to our house. Then one day when I realized, he's the first one I chose to tell about smoking, I was the one to tell mum that I want to call Ian dad."

"Louis I'm so confused about..........about us you know. Like what we do................I don't even know how do you feel for me. I don't know................."

"I want you Reen, I need you-if that's the prerequisite of love, well then I've fallen in love with you since the Spanish nights. I just don't know how I'm supposed to act when I'm in love, what lovers do?"