She's mine

Quesoftheday: How do you prefer your birthday celebration?

I take a long breathe closing my eyes and walk towards my car. A call over my phone stops me from putting the key into the ignition.

“Mum?” I whisper to myself surprisingly watching the name flashing on my phone’s screen.

“Hello mum?” I pick it up.

“Reen? Reen…………..Fiona…………”

“What happened to Fiona mum?” My whole body goes numb hearing her anxious tone.

“Reen she was playing in the garden and I came inside to check your father for a while but……………when I came back she wasn’t there.”

“How……………..have you checked properly inside the house? Sometimes she.......mm” I ask avoiding the shakiness in my voice.

“Reen I’ve checked everywhere my child, I've went to the neighbors!”

I decide to keep my voice normal hearing mum freaking out at the other side of the phone. Worse things may take place if everyone takes decision in panicked mind. I know my whole world has just shuttered in front of me but I also know I’ve to be the one to step forward and build it up.

“Mum I’m coming as fast as possible, have you informed the police?” I ask wiping the tears from my face, starting to drive my car.

“I’ve Reen.”

“Okey now calm down. Nothing would happen to my brave girl.” More tears roll down my eyes as I realise how much I need someone to hug me and tell me the same things I'm telling to console my mother. But I've none.

I press my palm against my lips when small whimpers comes out of my lips along with the tear. Fiona’s tiny face and memories with her starts to play cruel flashback in my mind. My blurry eyes widen when I see a car stopped in the middle of the road. I press the honk because I can’t pass by it in this narrow road but it doesn’t move.

I stop my car keeping a fair distance and get down of the car furiously wiping away my tears. I walk towards the car and lower my head down to reach the height of the open window. My jaw drops down the two person sitting inside.

“D-Derick?”

My breathe hitches not discovering his nasty brown eyes on me. I feel my knees getting weak watching Fiona beside him. No wonder how he succeeded to bring Fiona here when my eyes land on her lap full of chocolates and candies.

I open the door of the car with a jerk avoiding his nasty whistles and take Fiona out of the car. Wasting no moment I walk fast towards the car but it’s too late. My wrist gets wrapped around Derrick’s tight grip and my tensed figure firmly pressed against his muscular torso.

“Fiona, my dear love, can you go and eat your chocolates sitting inside the car? I have to talk something important with mommy.”

Every word coming from his mouth sends a nauseating feeling to every drop of my blood. I try to free myself keeping my eyes on him but fail. He blocks my thoughts of kneeing him when I found his legs between mine.

“Yes daddy!”

My eyes widen hearing these two words from Fiona’s mouth. My shocking eyes fall over the little girl who’s not a bit scared or annoyed because of this man. Instead she giggles while Derick bends down to kiss her cheek. Only if she had any idea who is standing in front of her. I look at Derrick again when Fiona is inside the car, getting busy with the chocolates.

“You’ve raised her so well love and named her after such a lovely name.” I tilt my face away from him when his finger trails down my arm, pulling me closer by my waist.