⚠4.4⚠

jisoo looked over at mina in silence

jisoo looked over at mina in silence. it had been an hour already since jennie had left and they were watching a movie together.

however, jisoo kept thinking about how she needed to break up with mina. she loved her, but her feelings for jennie were way stronger and she didn't want to give mina false hope.

she had thought about what to tell mina for the past few days. a whole text of her apologizing and telling mina that she deserved better. she had written it in her mind, although whenever she wanted to say it out loud for mina to hear, her mouth couldn't say those words. she would start talking with a serious voice, but whenever she'd see that glint in mina's eyes, she'd realize how much mina loved her and how happy she was.

and she didn't want to take that happiness away. yet again, she shouldn't give mina fake hope.

"mina. . ."

a smile crept up mina's lips as she looked back at jisoo with a loving gaze. "yes?"

"i. . .you know. . ."

"you love me. i know." she smiled with her signature smile before leaning in slightly as she swiped her thumb against jisoo's lips. "i love you too."

jisoo stood there in silence, just looking into mina's eyes, unable to say anything. how could she do this to her?

her phone chimed, which made her glance back at the screen, seeing a text from jennie.

'i can explain.'

explain what? she grabbed her phone and quickly texted her back.

jisoo: explain what?

jendeuki: the news about me and eunha.

jisoo: ???

"jisoo, look at this." mina showed her the article, where there were photos of jennie and eunha. she set her phone down, taking mina's and going through the photos as she kept an emotionless face, however deep down she was hurting and was about to cry.

jennie and eunha smiling at each-other. eunha's head on jennie's shoulder. exchanging glances as if they were in love. . .

she snapped out of her thoughts once hearing her phone buzz again. her eyes landed on the screen as she read the message jennie had sent her.

jendeuki: the photos of me and eunha.

jisoo: yeah, i saw them. . .

jendeuki: it's not like that, i promise.

jisoo: yeah?

jendeuki: why haven't you told me you're going to america with mina?

she froze once reading jennie's next text. how did she find out? mina had asked her, though jisoo had rejected since she wanted to stay here with jennie.

jisoo: how did you know? and i'm not. . .

jendeuki: we need to have a proper chat face to face. i'm coming over in ten minutes and mina better be gone by the time i come over.

jisoo sighed slightly as she placed her phone down and looked over at mina, who just smiled at her.

"you want to break up again, right?"

she looked away and stood silent, unable to say anything since she felt a bit bad. but on the other hand, it's better to break up with someone if your love fades for that person, because if you don't, you'll just give the person false hope and each day that goes by, they'll love you even more, but you won't.

mina chuckled softly and smiled at her as she grabbed her hand. "i'm not stupid, jisoo. i know you don't feel anything towards me anymore. and that's okay."

jisoo held mina's hand lightly as she looked back at her, sighing slightly. "i'm sorry. i just. . ."

"you love jennie. i get it." she chuckled and smiled at jisoo. "you can go ahead and be with her. thank you for at least telling me." she told her as she caressed jisoo's cheek lightly.

"these few weeks together, have been the best weeks of my life, but just as everything has an expiration date, our relationship had one too. thank you for all our sweet moments together," mina began as jisoo teared up, however smiled at mina. "and the love and affection you've given me. i love you and i'll never be mad at you for anything. although we just broke up, i hope we can still be friends at least."

jisoo wiped the salty tears that had rolled down her cheeks before smiling at her as she nodded, chuckling a little.

mina stood up slowly as she grabbed her things and jisoo didn't try to stop her. when she was done, she turned back to jisoo and kissed her forehead softly before handing her a white envelope.

"just in case you ever change your mind. but either way, i hope she treats you right." she smiled and then walked over to the front door, walking out of the apartment and leaving jisoo confused as she looked down at the white envelope, wondering what it could be.