⚠5.4⚠

her eyes widened upon seeing the diamond ring as she gasped, looking back up at jennie in silence

jennie didn't say anything as she took out the ring and took jisoo's hand in hers, placing the ring over one of her fingers. "will you, kim jisoo?"

jisoo looked down at their hands, her heart skyrocketing out of her chest as she then looked back up at jennie, leaning in and crashing her lips against hers.

she felt jennie smile against her plump lips as she put the ring on her finger.

she couldn't believe what happened. back in highschool, she'd only dream of something like this. heck, she didn't think they would even have a future together.

"yes. it's all i've ever wanted." she mumbled as she felt herself tear up from how happy she was. a bright smile crossed her face as she then hugged the younger, burying her face in her shoulder.

jennie seemed to freeze for a moment, but afterwards her arms wrapped around the elder, resting her head on hers.

"why are you crying, pabo? aren't you happy?"

"of course i am! these are happy tears." she laughed softly as she pulled away, looking up at the younger with a small smile as she wiped her tears. "i love you so much." she mumbled as she proped herself up on one elbow, turning on her side as she looked into jennie's majestic eyes.

"i love you too, kim jisoo."

just those words were enough to bring a smile to her face. being with jennie is what brought a smile to her face, made her heart run a marathon and her cheeks color rosy.

"so that's why you were being weird earlier?" she asked with a giggle as she pulled the covers over the two, scooting closer to the younger for warmth.

"weird?"

"more like nervous also."

jennie scoffed at the elder female. "no, i've never been nervous." she mumbled as she looked away, although jisoo could easily tell she was lying.

"sureeee." she laughed and then as she was about to turn off the lights, her phone started buzzing.

"is it mina again?" jennie asked, her voice laced with jealousy as she stared at jisoo's phone so hard to the point jisoo thought lasers were gonna shoot out of her eyes.

jisoo sat up and grabbed her phone, furrowing her brows at the caller ID.

"no, it's eunha. . ." she mumbled as she accepted the call and placed the phone on her ear.

"jisoo?"

"hey, how are you?"

she heard her sigh on the other side. "i've been better. and you?"

the tone of her voice made her worry a bit as she turned to look back at jennie, who was giving her a confused face.

"i'm fine, but. . .what's wrong?"

jennie scooted closer to her and pressed her ear against jisoo's phone.

"me and mina aren't doing so well. or like, we aren't even doing anything."

jisoo pulled her phone away and placed it on the bed, putting it on speaker instead for jennie to hear as well since the two were pretty close and hung out when they weren't together.

"are you in america?"

"yes, um the modeling agency that mina works with was kind enough to take me in as well, even though i already had the ticket you gave me."

"so what's the deal with you and mina?" jennie asked, being completely straightforward about it, unlike jisoo.

"i don't know. it just. . .no matter what i do, she doesn't seem to feel anything towards me. nor does she accept me trying to flirt with her and be affectionate. we mostly fight and we even fought today again."

jisoo frowned once hearing her words, feeling sorry for her. "i'm sorry this happened to you. but maybe you should give mina some time. she'll probably come around soon."

"i know what mina's like, it just feels like she doesn't even want to be friends. i wish she'd just tell me that and then maybe i wouldn't try so hard to get her attention."

jisoo looked down at her engagement ring, silently staring at it for a moment as she thought about eunha's situation. she did not picture her and mina like this. she pictured that the two would get back together, obviously not with a snap of a fingers, but she thought that the two would talk it out and maybe a few sparks would ignite between the two. but this was completely the opposite. both eunha and mina deserved to be happy just like her and jennie were.

"pfft, i've said it before and i'll say it again miNAH is a waste of time." jennie tsked as she stared at the phone screen.

"don't denigrate her just because she's acting like this with eunha. she's heartbroken." jisoo mumbled as she messed with a strand of her hair, glancing back at jennie.

"and you think eunha isn't?" she asked as she looked back at her.

"hey, hey, don't fight. you know what? i'll just give it a few more tries and if it doesn't work out, i'll go find someone new. thanks for listening, i guess. have fun in jejju."

"sometimes things don't always work out. if that's the case with you and mina, it's better to find someone new, but for now i'd say it's better to give the both of you some time." jisoo spoke as she grabbed the phone and lied back down.

"yeah, things aren't always meant to be." jennie added as she lied down next to jisoo, wrapping her arms around her.

"thanks for the pep talk, although the both of you sound like my parents." she laughed a little on the other side of the phone.

the couple grumbled at her words as then they said their goodbyes, hanging up shortly after.

"although that's not the case for us." jisoo said all of a sudden after jennie had already turned off the lights.

"what's not the case?" she asked as she scooted closer to the elder.

"we were meant to be." jisoo mumbled as she looked at jennie. in the darkness of the room, all she could see was the areas where the moonlight had fallen on and it just happened to have fallen on her face.

jennie scrunched up her nose cutely once hearing her words. "that's so fucking cheesy."

"i'm cheesy and yet, you still love me." jisoo laughed softly as she hugged the younger.

"damn right, i do."