⚠5.2⚠

jisoo yawned as she stretched a little

jisoo yawned as she stretched a little. it had been a couple of days since they came here and in her opinion these have been the best days of her life.

her and jennie are rebuilding their relationship once again and everything seems to be fine. however she has yet to call mina back since she hasn't had the time to. she was reminded of the fact that her plane left today for america, so maybe she didn't have that much time left.

her fingers quickly tapped the screen of her phone, unlocking it and typing mina's number afterwards. mina replied after a few moments, her voice with a hint of happiness, probably from the fact that jisoo had called her back.

"hey, mina."

"oh, hi! how's my jichu doing?" mina's voice could be heard on the other side and jisoo was sure that she was smiling.

"don't call me that." jisoo told her in a playful voice, although she really did mean it. "i'm doing amazing! me and jennie are back together, enjoying a few days at jejju island. it's so nice here."

there was a slight pause on the other side.

"that's nice." mina mumbled after a bit, a few small noises could be heard on the other side, which made jisoo wonder what she was doing, though she didn't ask.

"so, is your plane leaving soon?"

"i'm actually at the airport right now. i met up with eunha and i just wanted to thank you for what you've done." she answered, although jisoo could tell she really didn't seem that happy about it, which made her frown since she had thought eunha was the one for mina.

"are you happy?" jisoo asked as she sat down on her bed, her eyes fixed on the view outside. the maknaes were already out, probably to take a night walk like they'd usually do while playfully bumping into each-other.

"jisoo. . .i. . ." mina paused as she sighed for a moment. "i do have feelings for eunha, but the feelings i have for you are stronger. i don't want to sound selfish, but i really wished it was you right now who'd be here with me. you know, they say that when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. so that is what i'm doing. i will take a step back as you move on. i will let you go. . .because your happiness means everything to me. i will listen for your voice in the distance. i will look at the moon. i will keep you in my pocket. i'll carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow."

jisoo stood silent the entire time, processing mina's words as she sighed softly once she was done. her words were making her emotional, which is probably why her eyes filled with tears.

"mina, i'm sorry, but my heart belongs to jennie. i can't be with you. i love her. i love her so much. i love everything about her. and i'm not going to lose her again, not this time. i'm sorry, but you have to move on." she told her while biting on her lower lip, a habit of hers whenever she was nervous or upset.

she could hear mina take a deep breath on the other line. "i understand." she answered afterwards.

jisoo smiled slightly as she then looked down at the floor in silence, those last words escaping her lips. "goodbye, kim mina."

"goodbye, kim jisoo."

their call ended with that. no 'good luck' or 'have a safe trip'. nothing like that. as jisoo looked outside the window, her eyes fixated on the dark night sky, looking like a sheet of velvet with diamonds all over it, jennie managed to quietly walk in the room.

the elder female looked back at her once she felt her hand on her shoulder, giving jennie a small smile.

"are you okay?" jennie asked as she sat down next to the elder. jisoo furrowed her brows at fist, confused of why she'd ask her this in the first place, only then remembering that her eyes were probably teary from the earlier conversation with mina.

she told her the conversation that had occurred while she wasn't in the room, only then resting her head on jennie's shoulder and reminding her of how much she loved her.

"i love you too. and it's almost dinner time, so dress up and i'll be waiting downstairs." jennie told her as she placed a kiss on her lips, only then walking to the door and leaving jisoo confused.

"why?"

"just do as i say." she stated as she left the room, making the elder frown as she walked over to her closet and took out this red flower dress she had, which reached a few inches above her knees.

once she was all ready, she applied some magenta colored lipstick to her lips and then grabbed her phone, making her way out of their hotel room, making sure not to forget the key card.

as she took the stairs to the lobby, she saw jennie was waiting for her near the entrance. she was wearing a white dress and held a flower in her hand.

she smiled brightly, walking over to her as she was almost left breathless at how beautiful jennie looked.

"you look beautiful." jennie complimented her before she had the chance to compliment her, placing the flower in her hair as she then grabbed the elder's hand, walking with her.

"where are we going?" jisoo asked as she followed jennie, looking around with a confused face since she didn't recognize where they were going.

"just follow me."

once again, jennie cut her answers short which made her pout as she followed her to wherever they were going.

in the darkness of the night, their footsteps were the only sounds heard, which scared jisoo quite a bit. especially when jennie abruptly stopped in front of her, almost making the elder trip up.

"hear me out." jennie began as she walked behind jisoo and covered her eyes with her hands. "we're gonna walk forwards and then we're gonna take a right turn."

"okay." jisoo mumbled in response, still confused about what was going as she tried to feel her way through the path they were taking.

jennie helped her sit down on something, which apparently was a chair.

she was greeted by light once again as she blinked a couple of times to get used to it, only then noticing the candle in front of her. taking her time to look around, they were in some part of the resort which had a small garden. the table they were seated on stood right in the middle of it, surrounded by a few flowers here and there.

the candles on it, added to the magic, along with a few fireflies that freely flew around the space.

"what's all of this?" she asked as her eyes landed back on jennie as a smile couldn't help but capture her lips.

"dinner."

"i know, but why exactly here?"

"why not? we've never dined out here before." jennie replied calmly as jisoo shrugged off the fishy feeling.

jennie never behaved like this, which made her wonder whether jennie was planning something or whether this was just a simple dinner. it felt like something more than just dinner.