Chapter 3

Maria pov
I left and went back to the bat cave. Where I was ambushed. Damien jumped on me, I grabbed him and threw him off me. He got up and had a devilish smile. He ran at me. Okay we're sparing now.

I ended up winning.

"You won not get off me?" Damien said.

I pinned his arms under my legs and got an sharpe out of my utility belt. I drew on his face then let him up.

"Come on you two, dinner!" Jason yelled.

"Race ya." Damien said.

I let Damien beat me To the dinning room.

"Ha I beat you." Damien boasted.

"No I let you win." I said as I took my seat next to Dick.

"Son you've got something on your face." Bruce said.

"Blame Anastasia." He said using my new name while glaring me.

"Sorry, you ambushed me, I pinned you so I got to take pride in my winning." I said.

"Are we sure we got all of Ivy out of her head?" Tim asked.

"It's not being evil, it's being devious." I said as Alfred brought Dinner out.

Justice became fussy so I took him out of his highchair and bounced him. "He's looking a bit flushed." Dick said.

I put my hand to his head and he felt warm. "I think he has a fever." I got up and took him into the Kitchen and found the child's thermometer.

I pressed it on his head, and it came back as 100.9. I put the thermometer down and went back to the dinning room.

"Dick he's got a fever." I said.

Dick got up and followed me to our room, where Justice was also sleeping.

Justice started crying again, his nose was runny.

Dick and I spent majority of the night taking care of Justice. He finally fell asleep around Five in the morning. I laid down on the couch and kept a protective hand on him as I drifted off.

•••

Justice was better and I was able to start working as a photojournalist at the Blüdhaven Times. It was so much fun I enjoyed every minute of it.

I sat at my desk working on editing photos. I looked up at the tv that was on. I watched as Superman helped extinguished a forest fire in the Sequoia National Park. I smiled, I couldn't wait till Phoenix obtained that kind of praise.

I finished my photos and sent it to my boss.

"Phoenix meet at the cave as soon as possible. We have a mission." Dick Said over the comms.

"Boss, I've gotta go." I yelled.

I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room. I went out into the alley and to the out of order photo booth. I got in and changed. I sat down and it scanned me.

"Recognized Phoenix. 0-126." The computer said before teleporting me to the cave.

"Thank you for joining us Phoenix." Dick said.

"Now there are three missions I have for you. Team Gama will be Miss Martian, Superboy and Beast boy. There are people and animals stuck in The Sequoia National park from the fire. Superman couldn't rescue them due to another emergency call." Dick said as he assigned the roles.

"And team alpha will be myself, Aqualad, Phoenix, Abel, and Bart." Dick said.

"Woo only girl on the team." I said. Dick laughed at me.