Chapter 48

Maria pov
I laid in the bath soaking and reflecting on all the things that had just happened. A knock came at the door.

"Come in," I said as Dick poked his head in.
"Hey there you are," he said as he came in.
I rested my arm on the side of the tub. Dick came over And crouched next to me.

"How are you doing?" Dick Asked.
"I've been better." I said. Dick took my hand and squeezed it.
"It's had been a pretty hectic last week." He said.
"I feel like this is my hardest pregnancy." I said.
"How so," Dick asked.
"To start off, I nearly died the day after we found out I was pregnant. Then My morning sickness made me be hospitalized. Then after we thought we were having a boy but found out we were actually having a girl. Then this thing with Jamie being poisoned and I going after Talia and getting hurt." I said. "It really is my fault this pregnancy is going badly." I said as I looked at him.
"But you know what?" Dick asked.
"What?" I responded.
"Our baby is still alive and healthy." Dick put his hand on my stomach.
"She's a fighter." I said. "All of our children have had to fight for their lives in the womb. Wally's pregnancy was the only remotely normal pregnancy." I signed. Dick smiled and took his shirt off.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm going to join you." Dick said as he undressed.
"No you aren't, there's no room." I Said.
"Then we'll make room." Dick smiled. He got into the tub and faced me.
"This is a very crowded tub," I Said.
"Dick, Maria, where are you?" Jason called.
"In here," Dick called.

I slouched down in the tub so most of my body was covered with water. Water went over the side and started creating a pool on the floor. The door opened and Jason came in. He quickly realized we were in the bathtub and averted his eyes.

"So Um, Maria your boss called and he wants you to go ahead and start your maternity leave." He Said as he looked at the ceiling.
"Hey Jason are you having some eye contact issues?" Dick teased.
"No, I just don't feel comfortable to watch you and your wife bath together." He said as he kept looking at the ceiling.
"Dick!" Tim yelled.
"In here," Dick called.
"Quit inviting people in here." I said as I splashed him. Causing more water to go over the side.
"Hey now we have to add more water," Dick said as Tim and Damien came in.
"We might as well add bubbles." I Said as I grabbed the bubble bath solution our children loved to use. I gave him the bottle and he turned the water on.
"What do you need Tim?" Dick asked as the bubbles quickly started activating.
"What's going on?" Damien asked.
"Oh you know, just casually taking a bath with my wife." Dick said as I rolled my eyes,
"What do you need?" Dick asked.
"I wanted to share some new tech with you. And I wanted you to test it with Damien." Tim said.
"Well I'm a bit busy right now." Dick said looking at me.
"Jason," Bruce said.
"Are we just going to continue to let them walk in?" I asked Dick.
"Why not. They've probably seen more of us than they would like."
"We're seeing more of you than we'd like right now." Jason said as he kept looking at the ceiling.
"In here Bruce," he added. Bruce came in.
"This is getting really crowded." I Said.
"In the tub or in the bathroom, which you've turned into a pool?" Bruce asked.
"Both," I Said. My baby kicked my in a weird spot casing me to shift. Dick turned the water off since we were nearly enclosed in bubbles.
"What do you all need?" I snapped glaring at the men and moody teenager.
"Sorry We'll go," Jason said. The four left leaving Dick and I.
"Are you Alright?" He Asked.
"I'm just hormonal." I whined as I rested my arm on the the side of the tub.

Dick studied me for a moment before pulling to plug on the tub. He got out and then helped me out.

"Let's shower and then you should go to sleep." Dick said.
"Alright," I Said. My baby kicked my lung and I had to grab onto Dick so I could catch my breath.
"You okay?" He asked.
"She's a fighter," I wheezed. I got my breath back and I showered then went to bed. It wasn't long before one of our children joined us in bed.

____________________________
A/n:sorry for the short chapter.
-Zodiac