Chapter 36

Maria pov
I pulled the arrow back and I aimed at the target. I let go and it was close to the bullseye. I reloaded and it hit the bullseye. I smiled and went to retrieve my arrows so I could keep going.

"Hey we've got activity in Slade's Bunker." Ollie said.

"I'm coming." I Said. I put my bow down and took my quiver off. I grabbed my cloak and I left with Ollie.

We went in the way I had gone in the other night.

"I'm not picking up anything on the thermals." I Said as I looked through the thermal goggles.

I handed them to Ollie, "I'm not seeing anything." He Said. The lights in the warehouse came on.

"Welcome Phoenix and Green Arrow." Slade said like a sports announcer.

"Fight or hide?" I whispered.

"Let's see what he wants." Ollie whispered.

Something powerful grabbed onto the catwalk and pulled it to the ground. I looked and saw Bane.

"Oh sh*t." I said.

"You said it." Ollie said.

"I have a job I need to finish." Slade Said as he approached us. I got up and said a spell to levitate Slade.

"Fight it is." Ollie said.

He grabbed his bow and shot some stun arrows at Bane as I continued to hold my focus on keeping Slade levitated.

"We're going to need back up." I Said.

"Call Overwatch." Ollie grunted as he dodged a punch from Bane.

"Overwatch come in." I radioed.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Get as many people from Team Arrow as we can spar. Arrow and I need back up. Also have the BatFamily on stand by. Also send me my bow!" I radioed.

"On it." Felicity radioed. I was loosing strength fast and I had to let Slade down.

"Do you really think you're hiding, Zodiac?" Slade Asked.

"Zodiac's dead!" Ollie yelled.

I let Slade go and fell to my knees. Slade lifted me up by my throat.

"I'd say she isn't. I think she's right here." Slade Said as he threw me down and ripped my necklace off. My tattoos appeared on my arms and my hair turned dark brown.

"You really wanna open that Pandora's box?" I asked as I got up. Slade crushes my necklace. I put my hair back and ran at Slade. And jumped over him.

"Smooth," He Said.

I threw a punch and he dodged my punch. It went on like that, Of us punching and kick and dodging. I heard the sound of smithing being crushed. I dodged Slade's punch and managed to get a kick to the side of his temple. I turned and Bane dropped Ollie. Ollie lauded of the ground not moving.

"Where's back up. Arrow's down." I radioed.

"Coming now." Dinah radioed.

Bane ran towards Slade and I. I dodged Slade and ran to the cargo. I Said an invisibility spell and I slowly crept over to Ollie so I could get his bow and quiver. I grabbed it as the spell wore off. I fired an arrow at Slade and he caught it. Bane yelled a war cry that didn't sound human. I ran away from Ollie Andrade Bane around the room as Slade watched. I knew he was planning something but Bane was more important. I couldn't let my guard down with him. I managed to get a punch but Bane didn't even flinched. A gunshot fired and I moved but the bullet clipped my side. I grimaced and rage filled my body. A rage I had never felt before. I let out a war cry and I ran at Slade.

•••

"Maria stop it!" Dick yelled as he pulled me off Bane.

The rage deminished And he held onto me. I looked around and Slade and Bane were both on the ground.

"Did..did I do this?" I asked.

"You did, what happened?" Dick asked.

"Slade shot me and I went crazy." I Said.

"It's a side effect of the Lazereth Pit." Damien Said.

"Can I control it?" I asked.

"With some training, yes." Jason asked.

Damien also nodded in agreement. I saw Dinah over by Ollie's side along with Bruce.

"Ollie," I ran away from Dick and over to Ollie.

"Is alive?" I asked as I knelt down next to him.

"Barely, we can't move him. his back is broken." Bruce said.

"I can move him. If we can strap him to a board or something flat. We can." I Said.

"Nightwing. Red Robin. Find a board." Bruce instructed.

Dick and Tim left and returned with a giant piece of plywood.

"Felicity, we're going to need to fake a car accident." Dinah radioed.

"I can arrange that." She Said.

"Get Lance in on it. He can pull strings at the police station." I Said.

We got Ollie back to the Bunker and we took his suit off while trying to not moving his back a lot. We changed him into a suit and tie since that's what he left in. We zetaed to the house and I cast an invisibility spell so Bruce, Dinah, and I could get Ollie out of the house while Felicity remote controlled one of Ollie's sport cars into the front gate piller. We heard the crash and started hurrying. We got to the car and got Ollie into the car. He groaned as we put him in. We then went inside and Bruce left. I went up to my room where Dick was waiting for me.

"How are you doi- You're bleeding." Dick said. He made me lay down.

"I'm fine Dick." I said.

I felt fine, I hadn't felt the pain since I was shot. Dick sewed me up.

"Did I kill them?" I asked.

"No their still alive. But they're not going to be scene for a while. Not till they recover." Dick said.

"I've got to make a new necklace either tonight or tomorrow morning." I Said.

"I'd suggest you do it in the morning. That way you have more of your strength." Dick said As he crawled over to me.

Dinah kept up updated on Ollie's condition through out the night.

I woke up to the sound of Wally crying. I got up and got up out of the pack-in-play. I changed his diaper then got back in bed with Dick. Wally sat up and smiled. He touched Dick's arm.

"Is that daddy?" I asked.

Wally smiled and nodded. He crawled on Dick causing him to wake up.

"This is a flash back." He said as he sat Wally on his chest.

"What waking up with your child on your chest?" I asked.

"There's usually the another one will also be on the bed." Dick smiled.

"Where are the other two?" I asked.

"With Alfred." Dick said.

I got up and I made a new amulet. I put it on and then Dick, Wally and I went down for breakfast. I then wrote an article about Oliver's car crash and published it.

We went and visited Ollie at the hospital. He had broken his back but he wasn't paralyzed. Of course he wouldn't be able to be the Green Arrow for a couple of months. A year at most. But he would walk again.

At the end of the week my editor had me come back to Gotham. I had proven myself as a reporter.

___________________________
A/n: Hey im going on a trip with my school. And we're not supposed to have our phones. But I'm still going to bring mine. I'll write when I can. But don't expect updates every other day. Sorry.
-Zodiac