Chapter 44

Maria pov
"Are you Sure you can't take off work to come to my appointment?" I asked Dick as we got ready for work.

"I'm sorry. I've taken off too much time and my boss won't let me take off any more or he will fire me." Dick said as He came over and hugged me.

"You know I would be there in a flash if I could. I would love to see the baby but I can't," he said looking sad. He put his hand on my stomach and our baby started kicking.

I smiled and then grabbed my shoes and I went into the bathroom and I put a bit of makeup on. "Send me the photos as soon as it's done." Dick said.

"I will," I said.

He kissed my cheek then left for work. I finished getting ready and then I grabbed my camera case and purse that doubled as my laptop case.

I went downstairs and I had breakfast with my children before getting them Into my SUV. I drove them to daycare and dropped them off before going to work.

I walked into the workroom and Jeremy was sitting at his desk with a glazed look on his face. He was still recovering from his concussion. I went over and waved my hand in front of his face to snap him back to reality.

"So have the authorities figured out who blew up my car?" Jeremy asked.

I gave him the police report and put it on his desk. "They traced it to Baliya. Apparently Queen Bee still doesn't like us." I said.

"Really?" He Asked.

"It hasn't been that long, nearly three years ago we went and did a lot of damage there. By that I mean we Undug a lot of things." I said.

"I may be concussed but I got that." He smirked.

"Don't hurt yourself, concussions are serious. Trust me I know." I said.

"But anyways one of Queen Bee's Worker Bees came to Gotham and set the bomb and uses a special plastic so that it dissolved as soon as the charge was blown. Hence why neither of us were hit with shrapnel. It's so intersecting and confusing all at the same time. I just heard this morning from my informant that the Justice League And Wayne Enterprises are looking into this new plastic." I said.

"That's so cool, That's for the scoop. I'll get typing right away." Jeremy said.

"No need, I did it last night." I took the printed article out and gave it to Jeremy.

"Really? You are on the ball." Jeremy said.

"Thank you, I had to do something while you were recovering from the concussion." I said as I sat down at my desk.

•••

I left my doctor's office elated. I was so happy. We were originally told I was having a boy, but today at my first 3D ultrasound, she corrected herself and said it was a girl.

I got in my car and drove back to the manor. I went outside and played with my kids till Alfred came out and told me to get my sleeping husband off the couch. I took my children inside and sent them upstairs to play.

Dick as asleep on the couch in the living room.

"Dick wake up," I said as I shook him.

"What?" He asked.

"Is something wrong?" He asked as he woke up.

"I've got great news." I said.

"What is the baby alright?" He asked as he sat up. I sat down beside him and took the ultrasound out.

"We're not having a boy." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"We're having a girl." I smiled.

"What?" He asked as he put his hand on my stomach.

"Are you Sure?" He asked.

"I saw it also, it's a girl." I smiled. Dick hugged me and kissed me.

"We're having a girl." He laughed.

"Daddy!" Jamie cried.

"What is it sweetie?" Dick asked as he looked over at her. She had tears rolling down her cheek and a broken baby doll in her arms.

"Uncle Damien broke my doll." She cried.

We got up and Dick picked her up. "I'm sorry, we'll talk to him and make sure he fixes it." I said.

We went and found Damien playing video games in his room. While hanging upside down on a bar suspended from the ceiling by ropes.

"Damien Wayne!" Dick yelled at him. I took Jamie,

"ya," he said. He didn't even look at Dick.

"Why did you break Jamie's doll?" He asked.

"She was being annoying and wouldn't leave me alone." He said still not looking at us.

"Well did you ask her to leave?" I asked as I went and stood in front of him. I put Jamie down.

"I told her to leave me alone. But she didn't so I took her doll and ripped the arm off it." He Said as he looked around me to the screen. I Said a spell and the tv sparked and smoked.

"Up here Wayne." I motioned at me eyes.

"My tv!" Damien exclaimed.

"Listen here brat. You don't break my children's toys. If you do it again. It won't be just your TV I break." I Said as I crossed my arms.

"Fine I'll get Jamie another dumb doll." He got up and walked past Dick. I followed him but Dick grabbed my arm.

"Don't go ape in him, I'll make sure he apologizes and I'll speak to Bruce." Dick said.

"Mommy Can you come play with me?" Jamie asked.

"I'd love too." I Said.

Dick put her down and I took Jamie's hand and we went to the nursery and I played with Jamie and her brothers.

____________________________
A/n: so Maria's about 25 week pregnant in this chapter. I feel like I haven't clearly specified where she was in her pregnancy. Also while I was writing  I had a realization about the character Queen Bee and I now believe she was inspired off Beyoncé.
-Zodiac