Chapter 4

Dick pov
When we got to the cave we took proper care of Maria. I was worried for her. I pulled Jason aside and asked him to bring Jamie and Justice, because I had a feeling I'd be spending the night here with Maria.

"Hey Dick." M'gann said to me telepathically.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is Maria alright?"

"What?"

"I know Phoenix is Maria, she told me."

"Oh, ya I think she'll be alright. You remember how she's allergic to the contents of standard smoke bombs." I thought as I went back into Maria's room.

She was awake. "She's awake." I exclaimed.

I went over and took the breathing tube out. She inhaled and laid back. Her lips weren't swollen and The hives were going down.

"How do you feel?" Maria gave me a smile and a thumbs up.

"My...my voice...." she said hoarsely. I got a glass of water and let her drink.  She coughed and cleared her throat.

"Take it easy." I said. She nodded and leaned back against the bed.

A knock came at the door. I got up to answer it. Jason was there with Justice and Jamie.

"Thank you." I said as I took Them from him.

"Did anyone from the team see you?" I asked.

"No." Jason said.

"Thanks, tell Bats we won't be home tonight." I said.

"Already told him." Jason said.

"Well good night." I said.

"Good night," he said then walked away. I closed the door. And put Jamie on the bed with Maria. The four of us stayed the night.

In the morning Maria was feeling better so I unhooked her from the machines and helped her up. She put Justice on the bed and put on the cloths Jason had brought for her. I handed her sunglasses and I left with our kids.

M'gann was in the kitchen with Connor making breakfast.

"Have you been here all night?" Connor asked.

"I have, I wanted to make sure Maria ah um I mean Phoenix was alright." I said trying to play it off cool.

"It's alright M'gann told me." Connor said. Jamie toddler over to Connor and he picked her up. And held her on his hip.

"So what's for breakfast. Anastasia is probably hungry." I said.

"Is that the new name she chose?" Connor asked.

"Ya, she's working at the Gotham Paper." I said.

"She told us she was thinking about getting a job there the day she got the Black Mercy stuck to her." M'gann said.

"Don't remind me of that. That was a terrifying day." I said.

"But at least you still have the two of them." Connor said as he bounced Jamie. Her white hair bounced around her face.

"Morning." Maria said as she walked in.

"Morning Anastasia." Connor said.

"Morning." She said. I wanted to give her a kiss but I didn't want to blow her cover.

"This must be your children." Maria said as the rest of the team that resided in the cave came in for breakfast.

Garth turned into a squirrel and jumped up on the counter. Jamie squealed and wanted to catch Garth.

"Go ware her out Garth." I said.

Connor put her down and Garth jumped over the table and turned into a rabbit. Jamie squealed again and ran after him. 

"What for breakfast Miss. M?" Bart asked.

"A bit of everything." She said.

"That's so Crash."

"No it's aster." Maria said. I laughed and everyone looked at the two of us.

"What?" Bart asked.

"Aster was one of my terrible catch frases when I was Robin." I said.

"Wait how does she know that? She's only been apart of the team for a few days." Jamie asked.

"I was trained by detectives. I know my information about my new teammates, Jamie." She said as she leaned against the counter.

"¿Que?" Jamie asked.

"Like I said I have my ways." She said.

•••

Maria pov
I left before Dick and went to Gotham. I went upstairs and laid on the first couch I saw. Ace came over and laid on top of me. I was too tired to careless.

"Ace get off her." I heard Bruce say. I sat up.

"How do you feel?" He asked as I sat up.

"Strangely exhausted." I said.

"Did you not have a good sleep last night?" Bruce asked.

"It was all four of us crammed into one bed. It wasn't fun. Jamie couldn't sleep because she didn't have her rabbit. It was just plain hard sleeping with Justice." I said.

Bruce chuckled. "Hello family of mine." Dick yelled.

Bruce glanced over at something and then turned his attention over to Dick who had our kids in his arms. He gave me Justice,

"hello," I said as I kissed his cheek. Justice giggled.

___________________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac