Chapter 47

Maria pov
I took Dick a glass of water,

"thank you," he said. I laid down next to him,
"sorry about earlier and all those things I said about you. I'll get some sleep then crack down on Talia." I nodded as I rested my head on his chest.

He drank the water. When he realized I drugged the water, he was going to spit it out but I climbed on top of him and covered his mouth. He swallowed and a moment of him glaring at me and trying to fight back. The drug kicked in and knock him out. I got off him and tucked him into bed tightly. I kissed Dick's forehead,
"I'm sorry but I have to do this for Jamie." I Said.

I managed to lace up my Zodiac suit, a suit I normally didn't take out but seeing that my baby girl was in the BatCave fighting for her life, it seemed like a good time to bring her back and despite my pregnant belly it fit. It was tight, and I could feel my baby moving, she clearly didn't like the tight material pushing on her. I took my necklace off and put it inside the case where my bow and quiver stayed. I put my quiver and bow over my shoulder.

I took a motorcycle and road to the warehouse, Talia was located in.

I parked my bike and I snuck in and hid behind a crate.
"It's done, Father. Soon Bruce and his family will be coming asking for the cure to heal The Grayson's daughter." Talia said.

I had tried every healing spell I could think of to try to heal Jamie, but they hadn't worked.

"Great job Daughter. At this rate the child will be dead by tomorrow morning ." Ra's said making me I gasp a bit too loudly.
"What was that? Check it out!" Talia yelled ordered her goons.

I grabbed a few arrow and loaded them into the bow. I stood up, using the crate to protect my stomach. I fired the arrows and took out three of Talia's goons. I loaded the fourth arrow and I noticed Talia was gone. I scanned my surroundings and someone dropped behind me and punched me. I tried to fire an arrow but Talia grabbed my dominante arm and yanked my shoulder out of the socket. I yelped in pain, dropped to my knees next to my bow.

"I came to bargain. I know you want something in exchange for my daughter's life." I pleaded as I held my arm. She knelt down to me.
"I want my son back." She said. I nodded.
"You have till tomorrow night to return my son and I will give you the cure for your daughter." Talia stood up and kicked me in the face, Knocking me out.

Bruce pov
I went to the cave, I noticed Maria's Zodiac suit was missing along with a motorcycle. I went to the computer and turned on her tracking device. She was in a warehouse, Tim and Damien were a few blocks away.

"Red Robin and Robin, Zodiac went out tonight. Can you retrieve her and bring her back." I radioed them.
"Can do," Tim radioed.

Tim pov
Damien and I jumped along the rooftops till we got to the warehouse.
"Well she's definitely here." Damien said.
"Let's just get her and take her home." I Said.
"Alright," we went in and searched the warehouse.
"Judging by the arrow trajectory my guess is she was over there." I said pointing to the wooden boxes.

I went over to them and found Maria laying unconscious on the ground.

"Help me get her up." I said.
"Her shoulder's dislocated." Damien said.

I tore some of her cloak and made a sling. Damien and I got her to her feet and dragged her out. There was a Zeta tube right around the corner so we zetaed her back to the cave.

"What's wrong with her?" Bruce asked.
"Dislocated shoulder, potential broken nose." Damien said as Bruce picked her up and laid her on a table.
"Go get Dick and Alfred." Bruce said.

I went into Dick and Maria's room and I tried to wake up Dick but he was out cold. I noticed the glass next to the bedside and I smelled it and determined he'd been drugged, Most likely by Maria.

Maria pov
I woke up and my shoulder hurt.
"What were you thinking?" Bruce demanded. Bruce, Tim, Damien, Alfred and Jason were all staring at me.
"I went to speak with Talia, I had a feeling if I were to offer her something for the cure for Jamie. I could get it to her and save my daughter." I Said.
"And drugging Dick was apart of that plan?" Jason asked.
"Yes, he would have never let me do it." I said.
"Where on earth did you get that impression?" Bruce asked.
"You don't understand. my daughter is dying And if we don't get her the cure by tomorrow morning. I'm going to loose her. I'm desperate, I can't loose her. I can't loose my baby girl." I said as I started to cry.
"What did she want from you?" Tim asked.
"she wants Damien," I said. We all looked at him.
"I'll do it." Damien said.
"No," Bruce Said.
"Why not? It's his decision?" I Said.
"Damien is my son." Bruce said.
"And Jamie's my daughter and Talia is his mother." I said.
"I could get intel to the Justice leauge about the leauge of assassins." Damien said.
"If they catch you we won't be able to save you." Bruce said.
"I can take care of myself." Damien said.

I got off the table.
"Where are you going?" Bruce asked.
"To see my daughter," I groaned. I waddled over to Jamie.

She laid unconscious on the bed. She had a heart monitor, and IV, and Oxygen mask all on her. I sat down next to her. Bruce walked over to me.

"I can't loose her. Please Bruce, Damien is willing to go with Talia in exchange for Jamie's life." I said.
"I know, but It's just I don't trust her." He put his hand on my shoulder.
"You don't want her to give us a fake cure and take Damien." I said. He nodded.

"Where's Maria!" I heard my husband yell.
"Great," I muttered.
"She's with Jamie." Tim Said. Dick ran towards us. He looked at my bruised face and then my arm.
"What did you do?" Dick asked. Bruce walked away.
"I went to negotiate with Talia about Jamie's life." I said.
"She doesn't have much longer. I over heard her conversation with Ra's and apparently she has till tomorrow morning."
"What does she want?" Dick asked.
"Damien, he's already agreed to it." I said. "Why would she want Damien?" He asked.
"I don't know, she kicked me in the face before I could ask." I said.
"What ever my mother wants with me, I can do it." Damien said.
"Thank you, for sacrificing yourself for Jamie." I Said.
"She's like a little sister to me, I'd do anything for her." Damien said. I got up and hugged Damien.
"Thank you." I whispered.
"You're welcome." He said.

I didn't go to the transaction the next night. Alfred and I stayed with Jamie. She was getting worse by the hour, her face was the same color of her hair.

"Please baby not yet." I whispered to her. "Hold on, please Daddy's getting medicine for you." I said as tears rolled down my face.

I climbed on the table and held Jamie. I said a healing spell but It did little. Alfred was also trying to do everything he could for Jamie.

"Recognized Nightwing A-23," the Zeta tube said. Dick ran over to us and gave Alfred the vile. Alfred took it and put it in Jamie's IV.

Dick and I stayed up for the rest of the night with Jamie.

"Get some rest Maria, I'll come get you if her condition changes." Dick Said.

He kissed my head and I went to the library and slept on the couch.

"Maria," I felt someone tap me.

I sat up, "is Jamie alright?" I asked.

"She's fine," Dick Said.

We went to the BatCave and Jamie laid awake, the color had returned to her face.

"Hey sweetie," I said as I sat on her bed.

"Hi mommy." She said in a horse voice. I kissed her.

"You scared Mommy and Daddy." I said.

"Im sorry." She said softly.

"It's okay sweetie, it wasn't your fault." Dick Said.

___________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac