Chapter 20

Maria pov
My vision came too and I came too with Dick helping me up.

"Take care," he said then kissed me.

"It worked," I exclaimed.

"What did?" Dick asked as he took his hand off my stomach.

"Never mind. Come on we have to take our kids to day care and get to work on time." I said as I rested my hands on my stomach.

We got ready and then Dick drove me to work.

"Dick, baby I need you to come by and visit me after lunch. I need you too. Please." I begged.

"Why?" Dick asked concerned.

"I can't explain but please do this for me, for us." I said as I put my hands on my stomach.

"I will," Dick said. I leaned over and kissed him.

"Thank you." I said.

I got out grabbed my purse and lunch. "Bye my sweets." I waved to my children.

I walked inside and sat down. And started working on the article. Jeremy walked in with two cups of coffee he placed them on the desk.

"So how was your interview with Bruce Wayne?" He asked as he sat down next to me.

"It was good, I didn't get to ask all my questions, he had something come up that he had to attend to. But I have what I need to complete the article." I said.

We talked for a while as we worked. Everything went exactly as it had the day I lost my Wally. I put my hand on my stomach and smiled.

The same reporter came over and put the folders on my desk.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I said.

"Sorry," she said then went back to her desk.

The machine gun went off and I dove under my desk. I clutched my phone in my hands. I got a text from Dick saying he was here. I took a photo of the Joker and his goons from the crack in my desk.

"We need Nightwing." I texted back.

"I need a few volunteers." The Joker said. His eyes went right to my desk.

"Grayson," he said.

"How does he know your name?" Jeremy whispered.

"You write about Batman all the time. And I'm the one taking pictures of him. He's probably notice I have been taking the pictures." I Said.

One of the goons came over and grabbed my arm And pulled me to my feet.

"Please don't hurt my baby." I said. The elevator door opened.

"Joker what did I tell you about hurting women?" Dick teased.

"Get him." Joker instructed his goons.

They all ran at Dick. Joker grabbed my arm and put a gun to my head.

When Dick had defeated the goons he turned back to us. "Let her go Joker." Dick said.

"Um.... nope." He pushed the barrel gun into my temple.

I made eye contact with Dick. He gave me a small nod. I grabbed the Joker's gun and pulled it away from him. I tossed the gun and then he punched me in the jaw. Dick ran at the Joker and he let go of me. Kenton ran over and lead me away from the fight.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

Dick pinned the Joker on the ground and cuffed him.