Chapter 40

Maria pov
I followed Dick into a diner, we had just finished our shift of patrol and were grabbing a bite before we went back to the manor.

"Hey this is where we had our first date." I Said.

Dick chuckled as we waited for Sally to realize we were here. She came out of the kitchen and smiled.

"Hello, Nightwing. It's been a while." She smiled.

"It has, Ive been busy." Dick smiled.

She showed us to a booth and gave us menus.

"I'm craving a waffle." I Said.

"First cravings?" Dick chuckled.

"It appears so," I Smiled. "And I'm only six weeks." I Said softly.

Sally came back over to us. "Are you two ready to order?" Sally asked.

"I guess we are," Dick said.

"I'll have a glass of orange juice, hash browns, a fried egg with the yoke broken and a waffle." I Said.

"You really are hungry." Dick said.

"You know it," I Smiled. Sally smiled.

Dick ordered and Sally took our order back to the kitchen. She soon brought our drinks out to us. Then went to the register because another customer needed to pay his bill. Three masked men came in and one fired a machine gun into the ceiling.

"Everyone on the ground!" One yelled.

The four other customers hid under their tables.

"Empty the register." One of the goons demanded.

"Our job never ends." I Said.

"Please be careful." Dick said.

"Are you gonna let me do this on my own?" I said softly.

"You're not going to get any action for over a year. So go ahead." He Said.

"You two!" One of the goons yelled at us.

One put a gun to my head. Dick looked up at him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Dick smiled.

I got up and disarmed the goon and started beating the stew out of him. I put the gun on the table for Dick to disassemble as I slammed the goon's head into the counter causing him to collapse. His two partners pointed their guns at me.

"Sally be a dear and call Commissioner Gordon." I said sweetly as I stepped forward.

"Don't move lady!" One of the goons yelled. I smiled.

"What are you going to do to me? Shoot me" I Said a spell and the guns melted in their hands.

"With What gun?" I Smiled.

I ran at the two and used them to take each other out.

I stood over the three men and smiled.

"It's alright everyone it's safe now." Dick said as he stood up.

Sirens could be heard outside. Sally carefully looked over the counter.

"It's alright Sally. They're all unconscious." I Said. She stood up and she was shaking.

"Your meal is on the house." She Said.

"No it's fine I think we need to go." Dick said.

"Are sure you don't want your meals?" Sally asked.