Chapter 37

Maria pov
"Good night," I yawned as I pulled the shirt of my Phoenix uniform off.

"Good night," Dick kissed my cheek as I grabbed a sleep shirt. I got into bed and Dick put his arm around me.

"Everyone out for inspection!"

I sat up on my cot. I was back in Belle Rev.

"No," I said.

I got to me feet and I went for line up. The collar around my neck felt tight, it was almost choking me. I messed with it to get some air.

"Zodiac!" A guard yelled.

"What do you think you're doing?" He yelled. I put my arms by my side.

"The collar's a bit tight. I wanted to adjust-" they electrocuted me.

Dick pov
Maria slapped me in my sleep. I sat up and she was thrashing in her sleep. I climbed on her and held her down.

"Let me go!" She shouted.

"Maria, it's me, wake up." I said. She kept shouting and thrashing.

"Can someone get me some sedatives?" I yelled.

Maria freed her hand and she scratched my cheek, then I pinned her arm above her head as I kept her other arm pinned under my leg. Maria wrapped her legs around my torso, a move I had taught her. I got out of I and pinned her legs wit my feet.

"Maria!" I yelled at her. She opened her eyes and she looked scared and confused.

"What...what happened?" She asked.

"You has a nightmare." I Said as I let her go.

"Your bleeding," she put her hand on my cheek and wiped the blood away with her thumb.

"It's fine, you just scratched me." I got off her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." She Said.

"I'm sorry you had a nightmare." I Said. Damien ran in with a syringe.

"What's going on?" He demanded.

"Sorry If I woke you, But everything's alright." I Said.

"What happened?" Damien asked.

"She has a nightmare and attacked me in her sleep." I Said as Maria tried to sink away. Damien nodded and left.

Maria got up. "Where are you going?" I asked as I also got up.

"I need some air." She Said.

Maria pov
I left my room and went out to the balcony and I stayed out there for a while. Before I went back to bed. But I didn't sleep well for the rest of the night. I kept having fits of sleep paralysis and by the time my alarm went off I was still exhausted.

I still got up,

"Are you ready for your training?" Dick asked.

"We need to so I can learn the routine for Wally and Artemis's wedding." I Said as I stretched.

"But first we need to get our kids to day care." Dick said.

We god dressed then went and got our kids up and ready before we took them to breakfast. Once they had eaten we took them to day care and we walked them in.

"Bye bye, mommy." Justice hugged my legs then went inside.

I gave Wally to one of the teachers. We walked Jamie to Pre-K down the street. We held her hands and swung her between us and she laughed as her white hair went everywhere.

We got the the preschool and went in. I picked Jamie up and followed Dick in. Two other moms were there and they stopped talking as we came in. They started whispering to each other. I carried Jamie over to the door.

"Have fun sweetie." I Said as I kissed her cheek.

Dick also kissed her cheek. I put her down and Dick gave her her backpack. She put it on and proudly walked into the classroom as Dick signed her in. One of the moms tapped my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why do you dye your daughters hair?" She asked.

"It's not dye. It's natural." Dick said.

"How does a six year old have naturally white hair?" She asked.

"When my late wife was pregnant with her, she was exposed to joker venom. She got the antidote in time thanks to Batman. And Jamie was fine. When she was born she had white hair. We've never dyed her hair." Dick said.

"How did Joker venom make her hair white?" The Mom asked.

"When exposed to the gas, it makes the muscles in your face frown, which causes your face to make a scary grin. You also laugh uncontrollably as the gas bleaches your hair. It then slowly kills you." I Said.

"My wife had white streaks in her hair from being exposed to the gas." Dick said.

"Have a nice day." I Said then we left.

We back to the mansion and I changed into work out cloths as Dick set up the aerial straps in the BatCave.

I met him in the cave and he explained his vision of the routine.

"This seems complicated." I Said.

"You'll get it, But let's work on your flexibility and basic acrobatic skills." Dick said.

We worked out the entire day and he started showing me the choreography for the first part of the dance.

"So you're working from home today?" Dick asked as we wen up for lunch.

"I am, I've got to edit my article, look over so pictures and submit them before three." I Said.

"Well we can take a break and you can finish that before we go back to work." Dick said.

"I like that idea." I Said.

After lunch, I published my article on the Wayne Enterprise's new mission to work on the slums of Gotham. Of course I had primary species sources, I mean I live with the CEO.

Once I had my work done, Dick and I went back to work.

____________________________
A/n: hey I'm back. Hope y'all will forgive me.
-Zodiac