Chapter 42

Maria pov
I laid on the examination table,

"so do you two want to know the gender?" My doctor asked. I looked at Dick.
"We'd like to know on this one." Dick said.
"Alright," my doctor moved the ultrasound wand around on my stomach until she had a clear look.
"It's a boy." She smiled. She showed us.
"It's not clear, but I'm 95% sure it's a boy." She Said.

I hated that 5% percent possibility, I always did. Excpecially as a vigilante, because that 5% could mean life or death.

"Another boy." Dick smiled. I smiled too.
"Well congratulations," my doctor said.
She finished up the examination and then we went home.

I pulled into the garage and put it in park and turned the engine off.

"Hey I'm sorry it's not a girl. I know you really wanted one this time." Dick said as we sat in the car.
"It's alright, we had a fifty-fifty chance." I Said.
"You are right and we don't get to chose the gender." Dick said. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.
"Now do you want to look for apartments now or later?" Dick Asked.
"Preferably before the baby is born. Unless something comes up." I Said. We got out of the car and went inside. Our children were still at day care.

We walked towards our room, when a voice stopped us.
"So is it a boy or girl?" We looked up at the railing above the stairs and Jason stood there.
"It's a boy." I said.
"Awe I'm sorry, Maria." He Said. I'd expressed to many I was hoping we were having a girl.
"It was a fifty fifty chance. I'm still going to love this baby no matter what." I said looking down at my stomach that was just starting to take a noticeable shape.

I kept going up the stairs and I went to my bedroom. I laid down on the bed wanting a few moments to myself. Moments I rarely got because my life was constantly going a thousand miles per hour. A light knock came at the door,

"Come in," I sighed knowing my relaxation was over. I propped myself up as Dick came in.
"Hey," He Said as he came and laid on the bed with me.
"Hello," I Said.

Dick didn't say anything. He just laid on the bed with me. I soon found myself asleep in Dick's arms.

I was woken by the sound of rattling in Dick's chest. I looked at him and he was also asleep. He was snoring, that was a first. I smiled and laid back down. Luckily the snoring was soft and rhythmic enough to lull me back to sleep.

"Dick get up!" Bruce exclaimed waking both of us up.
"What?" I Said as I instinctively got up.
"Dick get up." Bruce Said to Dick as he groggily got up.
"Hey are you okay?" I asked Dick. He eyes were red and a bit swollen.
"I'm fine." Dick said brushing me away.

Dick left with Bruce and I went to the nursery and I played with my children for a while. Till it was time for bedtime. Dick and I had slept through dinner.

"Mommy did you and Daddy get to see the baby today?" Jamie asked as I got her and her brothers ready for bed.
"We did," I Said. Jamie put her hands on my stomach.
"How much longer till we get to meet her?" Jamie asked.
"It's five and a half more months." I Said.

I didn't have the heart right then to tell her her new sibling was a boy. Wally Toddled over to us and climbed into my lap.

"Hello, Buddy." I kissed his head.
"I want a kiss." Justice exclaimed as he ran over to us.

I kissed his head then I kissed Jamie's head. I finished getting Jamie ready, then I did Justice then Wally.

"Are you all ready to brush your teeth?" I asked.

"Ya!" Justice Said as he got up and ran to my bedroom.

Jamie followed her brother and I followed them with Wally on my hip. We went to my bathroom and I put Wally down for a moment so I could help Jamie and Justice up on the counter. I got them their toothbrushes and I helped them put toothpaste on their brushes and then got a toothbrush for Wally and I put toothpaste on my own brush, even though I knew I would have to rebrush my teeth after I ate what ever everyone else had for dinner. My children brushed their teeth, although Wally just chewed on his brush. We spit the toothpaste out and rinsed our mouths put with water.

I took my children to their bedroom and I sat on Jamie's bed. Justice joined us with a storybook in hand. It was Goodnight BatCave. A story I had written for him after the incident with the Al Ghuls.

"In the great Library, there was a grand clock and books galore.
And a painting of the Wayne family all nice and near.
And there were bats behind the clock and a cow and a silly turkey named Tom.

In front of the big computer, the Dark Night worked tirelessly as Robins young and old fluttered around him.
Three red and one blue-" I read.

"That's Daddy." Justice exclaimed.
"It is." I Smiled.

"As the sun set, and Gotham went to sleep.
They start to work.
The birds and bat working tirelessly to keep the city safe.

So as you get ready for bed each night remember they'll keep you safe from the crooks in the street. So every night say good night them.

Say, 'goodnight Batman,
goodnight Robins,
goodnight Batcow and Tom,
goodnight Bats and BatCave.
Goodnight Alfred and
goodnight Library.'

Then trudge up the stairs like tired little soldiers. Into bed where mommy with tuck you in and kiss your heads. Because she too will help protect you.

Goodnight my children, don't fear because we will protect you and everyone else in the city." I slowly closed the book and laid it next to me.

I took Wally to his crib in the next room, then I returned for Justice. He He and Jamie were cuddling. I didn't have the heart to disturb them. I tucked them in and kissed their forehead. I took a picture of them and sent it to Dick. I put the book away and then went to the kitchen. Alfred sat in the kitchen drinking a cup of tea.

"Good evening," he nodded.
"Good evening. What was for dinner?" I asked.
"I have your plate right here." Alfred got a plate out of the fridge that was wrapped in Saran Wrap. He put my plate in the microwave and heated it up.
"So are your children all asleep?" Alfred asked.
"Yes they are. They fell asleep while I was reading Goodnight BatCave." I Said.
"That's usually the book Justice wants me to read when I'm putting them to bed." Alfred said.
I smiled, "I should make multiple copies of that book and make it slightly different and give it to other superheroes who have small children." I Said.
"I'm pretty sure you and Master Dick and a few of your friends are the only heroes having children currently." Alfred said looking at my stomach. I laughed.
"We probably are." I Smiled.
"Did you find out the gender today?" Alfred asked.
"We did, It's another boy." I Said.

My food finished heating up and Alfred got it out and put the plate in front of me then got me a fork and knife.

"Well when boys are coming after Jamie in the future. She'll have a small army of men protecting her." He Said.
"And I'm sure Jamie will protect her brothers as well." I Said as I rubbed my stomach.
"She does love her brothers." Alfred agreed.
"She and Justice fell asleep in Jamie's bed. I didn't move her. She was hugging him as if she was trying to protect him." I Said.

Tim shuffled in, he had obviously been awake for at least 24 hours.

"Hey Maria," He smiled.

"Tim when was the last time you slept?" I asked as I took a bite of the chicken breast.

"Um i slept last night." Tim laughed lightly.

"Alright then If you say so." I got up and went to the liquor cabinet.

I got chloroform out and got a rag. I hid the rag behind me and went over to Tim. He was so sleep deprived, it was almost like he was drunk. I grabbed Tim from behind and pressed the cloth against his mouth and nose. He struggled for a few minutes and then went limp. I put him on the floor and went back to my meal.

"There we go." I Said.
"I'll clean that cloth for you, Maria." Alfred said.

I gave him the cloth and he left me alone in the kitchen with Tim.

I finished my meal and then went and got a big of work done of going through the photos from the press conference Jeremy and I had go to this morning. When I finished I sent the ones that I thought should be added to Jeremy's article that was gong to be published tomorrow morning. I then went to bed after my work was done.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac