Chapter 58

I was getting another mammogram. I prayed that the cancer was gone.

Dick and I sat in the room waiting. I looked at the tube in my chest. I was hoping it would be take out. The doctor came in with a sad look on her face.
"Your results are in and the cancer has spread to more limph nodes. We will need to preform a Mastectomy. And then run more Chemo. If that's sucessfull we can preform a reconstruction surgery for you breasts." The doctor said.
I nodded.
"We'll schedule the next possible spot." The doctor said.

That Night, Dinah and Ollie came for dinner. I honestly didn't wanna have dinner, Yet Dick insisted.

He carried me to the dinning room. I was still in the same outfit I had worn to Chemo that morning.
"How was Chemo?" Dinah asked.
"It was alright." I said.
"Are you alright?" Ollie asked.
"Not really." I said.
"What's wrong?" Dinah asked.
"It's spread to another limp nodes on both breast. So next week. I'm going to have my breast removed. Then maybe eight more weeks of Chemo then if it's truly gone. They'll reconstruct my breast." I said.
Dinah got up and came over and hugged me. "I'm scared." I said.
"I've haven't been this scared since...since the night my parents died. Or perhaps the day Jamie and I died." I said.
Everyone came over and hugged me.
"Thank you I needed that." I said.

•••

It was the night before my surgery and so many of my friends were coming to visit me. They were going to try and make me feel better.

I made my way to the living room. Sage in my arms. She was chewing on with my locket. She squealed and looked at me.
"You're so silly." I Said as I kissed her.
"Don't mind if I do," I heard as Sage was taken from me. Barry stood at the bottom of the stairs with Sage.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes," he ran down the hall. I ran after him and ran into Selina.
"Hey." I gave her a hug.
"How are you?" She asked as we went in.
"I'm as well as a cancer patient can be,"
"that's good," Selina asked.
"Barry where's my daughter?" I asked him. He gave me my daughter back and I went over to my husband.

"Hey how are you?" Dick asked.
"Good," I said.
M'gann came up to us. She took Sage and gave her to Dick.
"Come on, we've got to change." She said.
"But I'm already dressed." I said.
"You've got to change." She said.

She took me up to my room and Artemis, Dinah, Diana, Lois, Raquel and a few others in Disco wear. Selina came up and smiled.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Remember when we crashed Dick's bachelor party?" Artemis asked.
"Yes, why?" I asked.
"Just come on." M'gann pulled me into my room. I saw that same outfit hanging up.
"You've got one more night with breast. You need to rock it." Artemis said. I hugged the girls.
"Thank you." I Said. I grabbed the outfit and changed.

I came out of the bathroom and Dinah was styling the same wig I had also worn that night

I came out of the bathroom and Dinah was styling the same wig I had also worn that night. I laughed.
"Come on, we've got a few Abba numbers we need to do." Dinah said.
I laughed. "Are we doing Super Trooper?" I asked.
"We will do any songs you like." Dinah said. I put the wig on.
"You look good as a blonde." She said. I laughed.

We went down the stairs and went back to where the party was being held. We went into the room and every one had changed. I started laughing. Justice ran through the crowd and I picked him up.

"Hey," I groaned as I held him. I was glad I was still working out, because if I wasn't, I could hold him. Dick came over to me.
"You look good." He said putting his arms around me.
"You don't look that bad yourself." I said as I turned his collar up.
"Come on," he took Justice and set him down.

He dragged me up to the platform. He went to his laptop and scrolled through his playlist. Don't go breaking my heart started playing. Dick gave me a microphone. I laughed. Dick started singing and I fought laughing. I sang my line and we went on singing the rest of the song.

•••

Dick pov
I sat in the waiting room with Jason. Maria was in surgery right now.

Through out the day our friends came and went to see if Maria was out of surgery.

Ollie and Dinah were hanging out with me when the doctor came to get me.
"She's out of surgery and we've already moved her into a room." The doctor said.
"Great," I said.
"The surgery was very successful, she should be sore for a few days, we'll keep her over night, I'll talk to you tomorrow about her meds she'll need to take." The doctor showed us to the room where Maria was recovering.

I opened the door and Maria was half awake. I went over and sat by her.
"Hey, I know you," she said groggily.
"You better know me." I kissed her hand.
"I don't wanna...wanna talk," she put her hand over my mouth and her eyes got big.
"I didn't says anything." I laughed. Ollie took out his phone and started filming Maria.
"About...about things we've gone through." Maria said.
"Is she singing?" Dinah asked.
"Though it's hurting me," she put a hand on her flat chest.
"Ow," she looked down at her hand. She took her hand away and then poked her chest.
"Is something missing?" I asked.
"Ya, where're my boobs?" She asked. She gasped,
"did they fall off?" She whispered. We laughed,
"no sweetie they didn't." I said.
"Do you heard the crumbs Fernando?" She asked.
"The crumbs?"
"Yes the crumbs." She sat up fully.
"Where's Jamie?" She asked. I glanced at Oliver not knowing what to do.
"Where's my baby?" She asked.
"Um Anastasia, you know Jamie's dead." I said.
"I know," she rested her head against the pillow.
"But once you're feeling better, I'll see if Justice, Wally and Sage can come visit you." I said.
"I'd like that." She smiled then went back to sleep.

____________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also one more chapter before this book is over.
-Zodiac