Chapter 30

Maria pov
I returned to my family in Gotham at a bad time. Or maybe it was good I returned when I did, because Talia was back and she wasn't alone.

I walked into the mansion and instantly sensed the presence of others. Five members of the league of assassins dropped.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

I threw my suitcase at one and punched another. I managed to get a sword from one and defended myself for a while. I felt something prick my neck and I pulled the dart from my neck. I turned and I saw Talia.

"Hello Maria," she said.

The drug started taking effect but I stayed on my feet. I was  determined to fight it. Ollie has trained me to withstand poisons and tranquilizers.

"What... do you want?" I managed to say.

My entire body felt like dead weight. I had never felt a tranquilizer like this before, and I had fought off horse tranquilizers.

"I'm sending a message to Bruce. Damien needs to continue his training." she said.

I leaned on the end table. I tried to shake off the drug but I could barely keep my eyes open. One of the assassins approached me and I tried to punch him but he dodged the terrible punch. He pushed my to the ground. Talia came over and grabbed me by the hair.

"Don't worry. I'm sure your children will be great assassins." She smiled.

"No!" She threw my head against the floor and I saw black.

"Maria! Maria are you alright?" I managed to open my eyes. Dick was standing over me in his Nightwing uniform.

I sat up and my head was pounding. I sat up.

"Where are They?" I asked as I looked toward the nursery.

"What do you mean? What happened?" Dick asked.

"Talia," I said. "She was here. She wanted to send Bruce a message. She said Damien needed to finish his training. I... I think she took our children." I got up and ran up the stairs in a disorderly way.

I ran into the nursery. It had been torn apart. I still searched for my children. I ran out of the nursery.

"Talia wasn't bluffing." I said. Dick ran up the stairs to me.

"what do you mean?" Dick Asked.

"They have our children." I cried as he held me in his arms.

"We'll get them back." He said.

I pulled away from him. I could see Damien and Bruce standing on the first floor.

"If any of my children are harmed. I will not hesitate to kill your mother, Damien." I said.

"She stopped being my mother a long time ago." He said.

"This is both of your fault." I said to Bruce and Damien

•••

"Maria you need to stay in control of your emotions. You and Damien get your children and get out. Dick and I will deal with the leauge." Bruce said.

"What about Tim and I?" Jason asked.

"Jason is with us, Tim is with Maria and Damien." Dick Said.

I counted my arrows again. I was dressed as Zodiac. I adjusted the wrist crossbow and counted those arrows.

"No killing, you two remember that." Bruce said to Jason and I.

"You clearly haven't been a good father."

"Maria!" Dick exclaimed.

"If Damien was taken from you and he wasn't able to escape. Would you be willing to do anything to get him back?" I asked.

"I wouldn't kill." Bruce said.

"If Talia or Ra's have hurt my children. I won't hesitate." I said. It was like every single emotion had left my body except vengeance.

"That aside. The weakest entry point is here we're almost there. We need to prepare to drop." Damien said.

"Turning arctic stealth mode on." Jason said. I got up and put my hood on.

"Remember Maria, were not leaving without our children." Dick Said.

"I know." I said as Jason lowered the platform. Damien, Tim and I got ready and then jumped.

We ran through the snow, To the sanctuary. We took a few guards out and got inside.

"Where's would they be keeping my babies?" I whispered to Damien.

"My old room possibly." He whispered.

"Let's go." Tim said as he had a map of the sanctuary.

Damien and Tim lead the way and I covered us from behind.

"This is too easy?" I whispered.

Damien knocked on the wood. Two guards were in front of the door. I took two tranquilizer darts out and fired the from my wrist. The men slumped to the ground.

We went in and Thalia stood there with Wally in her arms. Jamie and Justice were sitting on the ground near her in chains. I drew my bow.

"Mommy!" Jamie screamed.

"Don't worry baby, mommy's gonna save you three."

"But who will be saving you?" Talia asked.

I fired the bow and the arrow skimmed her cheek. Multiple assassins ran in and Tim, Damien and I fought back. I quickly ran out of arrows so I started using my fist and a bit of magic.

I teleported an assassin to the other side of the wall. When I felt a blade be plunge into my back near my heart. The blade was ripped out and I fell to the ground.

"Mommy." Jamie screamed.

I saw Talia drop the blade. I tried to reach for it but Talia stepped on my wrist and crushed it.

"Zodiac's down. Need back up." Tim radioed.

I saw Damien fight his mother while she still had Wally. I turned my head towards my other children. I reached for them.

"Mommy" I stuggled to breath. "Loves," I painfully inhaled. "You," I said as I put my hand inches away from them.

"Mommy," Jamie cried.

Dick pov
Bruce, Jason and I were still dealing with the assassins outside along with Ra's. While Bruce was dealing with him. We were greatly outnumbered.

"Zodiac's down. Need backup." Tim radioed.

"NO!" I grabbed the nearest assassin and broke his wrist causing him to drop his weapon. I threw him over the railing. And grabbed another man and pushed him over as well.

Talia ran out followed by Tim. She had Wally in her arms. Jason shot the assassin he was dealing with.

"Give me my son." I yelled. Talia laughed.

"Wrong answer." I said. I jumped and grabbed the railing and swung myself over it.

I pulled my encrisma sticks out and Tim and I started fighting Talia. Tim managed to get Wally from her and I went nuts. I had never fought this aggressively before.

"Dick stop!" Bruce yelled. I looked at Talia and she laid on the ground.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac
Ps I dont own any characters/places/plots that DC owns.
-Zodiac