Chapter 50

Dick pov
I sat in the room with my daughter. I had been making a list of names. A knock came at the door.
"Come in," I said as I put the pen and paper away.
Artemis and Wally came in.
"Hey, how's your daughter?" Artemis asked.
"As of now, all that matters is that she's Alive." I Said as I looked at the incubator .
"Well congrats on her. And I'm sorry about Jamie and Maria." Artemis said.
I looked away and didn't respond. I got up.
"I need to get back to Gotham. I should check on my boys. Also Damien's back so I should find out more about that. Maybe that can add some closure on why Two of my girls are dead." I said as I looked at my daughter. I finished my statement then left.

I walked over to Maria. She laid under a sheet in the BatCave. I took her hand and kissed it. I noticed Jamie also laying on a table covered by a white sheet.
"Gordon and a friend of his who's a coroner came by and signed the death certificates. All we have to do Is burry them." Bruce said.
"I don't wanna think about that now." I said as I put Maria's cold hand down. "Well, Jason, Tim and I were going to go on patrol tonight." Bruce said. I nodded.
"I should go see my boys." I said. I kissed Maria's head then went upstairs.

Damien was playing with my sons.
"Hey," he stood up.
My boys ran over to me. I crouched down and hugged them. I held them for what seemed like an eternity. I sat on the floor once I let go of them.
"Boys I've got some sad news." I Said.
"What is it?" Justice Asked.
"It's about Jamie and Mommy. As you know bad men attacked us this afternoon and hurt Mommy and Jamie. Well Jamie and Mommy are gone and they're  not going to come back." I said, it hurt my sole to tell my sons this. I mean they were only two and five.
"Where did they go?" Justice asked.
"Well as you know Grandad, Gigi and Papa aren't Mommy and Daddy's real Mommy and Daddy. Jamie and Mommy Have gone to stay with my and Mommy's real Mommy and Daddy and they won't be back." I said. My heart ached as I shared this sad news with my children.

Wally gave me a hug. Justice also came over and hugged me. "Mommy managed to have your little sister but she's sick and is at the watch tower being taken care of."
"What's her...what's her name?" Wally asked.
"Um I haven't decided yet." I said. A knock came at the door. Alfred poked his head in.
"Um the Queens are here." He said. I got up.

I went down to the BatCave and Dinah laid sobbing across Maria's body, Oliver had his hand on her shoulder. I walked over to them.
"How did this happen?" Dinah asked.
"it was the League of Assassins, they took her from us." I Said as I explained to Them what happened a few hours earlier.

Maria pov
Two more people walked forward, both dressed very sharply.
"Maria." The woman nodded.
"Thomas Wayne." The man stuck his hand out to me. I hesitantly shook it.
"And this is my wife, Martha." He said.
"You're  Bruce's Parents." I Said.
"You are correct." Thomas said. Martha reached into her purse.
"Give this to Bruce, will you?" She said as she held a letter out to me.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Maria you can't stay." Mom said.
"What do you mean I can't stay?" I asked.
"You've got a lot more to get done before you come home." Mom said as she held Jamie.
"The world needs Zodiac." Dad said. "What do you mean?" I asked.
"You'll find out in time." John said.
"What?" I asked.
"Tell Dick we said hello." Mary said as she put her arm around John.
"Bye Bye Mommy." Jamie waved.
"No!" I wanted to scream but my voice wouldn't let me.

The next thing I know I'm laying on a table. There was a sheet covering me. I slowly and painfully sat up. Oliver, Dinah, Bruce, Alfred and Dick stood around me all looking either shocked or scared.
"Maria?" Dick asked as he helped me lay back down.
"Hello," I smiled weakly.
"I...we... you were dead." Dick said.
"I really was this time." I smiled weakly. I put my arm on my stomach, and noticed it was flat.
"Where's my baby?" I exclaimed as I sat up.
"Where is she?" I asked.
"She's Safe. She's at the watchtower getting medical treatment. She's going to be okay." Dick said.
"Where are the boys are they Alright?"I asked.
"They're fine. Probably a bit traumatized but they'll be alright." Dick said.
"I wanna see them." I Said.
"I'll have Jason bring them down." Dick took out his phone and quickly typed out a message.

Jason, Tim and Damien ran down the stairs with my sons in their arms. They ran over to me.
"Hey," I smiled weakly.
"She's alive." Jason panted. He put Justice down.
"Do I get to join the resurrected club?" I asked. Jason laughed.
"I guess that means you can." Jason smiled.
"Mommy where's Jamie?" Justice Asked.
"She stayed behind. But she's safe and happy." I Said I touched the envelope and I picked it up.
"Where did that come from?" Dick asked.
"From the other side." I Said as I looked the hand writing.
"It's for Bruce." I held it out to him.
"Who is this from?" Bruce asked as he opened the letter.
"Your parents." I said. Bruce looked shocked and then frantically unfolded the letter.
"I saw our parents." I Said to Dick.
"Your mother was just as beautiful as you said she was. They say hello." I smiled as Dick pressed his forehead to mine.
"I wish I could have stayed. I wanted to stay. For the first time in years I felt at peace." I smiled as Dick lifted his head, he looked concerned.
"But you got a second chance. You came back to me." Dick said. I smiled lightly.
"But Jamie didn't." I Said. Dick kissed my forehead.
"But she didn't suffer." He Said. I nodded and closed my eyes. I was exhausted,
"go ahead and rest." Dick kissed my forehead again. 

•••

I helped Maria off the bed. She moaned as I got her to the wheelchairs. She wanted to see our daughter.
"We still need to come up with a name for her." Maria said.
"We will," I Said.

I pressed the button to open the door and i pushed Maria into it. M'gann was holding our daughter. Her own son, Kal, holding onto her leg.
"Maria?," she looked confused.
"Hi," Maria said lightly.
"I...I thought you were dead." M'gann Said.
"I was, I got sent back. How's  my baby?" Maria asked.

M'gan walked toward us and  gave our daughter to Maria, she started crying. I crouched down next to her.

"Come on Kal." M'gann and her son phased through the wall to leave us alone.
"Sage ." Maria said. "You asked if we could name her Sage after my call name."
"What every you like, you can name her." I said.
"Hi Sage." I cooed as She squirmed in Maria's arms. I took Sage and put her back into the incubator. I rolled Maria over to her.
"She's strong." I said. Maria nodded. "Like her mother." I said looking at Maria.
"Sage Amara Grayson."
"I like it. I believe Amara means Strong" Maria said.
"It does," I Smiled.
"Attention all league members. The watchtower has been infiltrated." Came over the com.
"I've got to go. Stay here with Sage." I kissed Maria.
"What's going on?" She asked.
"The watchtower's been invaded." I said. M'gann phased through the wall.
"Thought you'd need this." M'gann had my extra suit and mask.
"You can leave Kal with me." Maria said. He jumped off M'gann and ran over to Maria.
"Careful with Auntie Maria." M'gann said.
"I will," he said as he turned from his monkey self into his human self.

M'gann and I left and I locked the door from the outside then smashed the lock. I knew it was at least something I could do to keep my girls safe.

•••

Maria pov
M'gann phased through the wall.
"Is it over is everyone okay?" I asked.
"It's dealt with. But we have a small problem. The lock to this room is broken. Dick is currently working on hacking to unlock the door." The door opened and Dick came in.
"Hey are you alright?" I asked.
"I'm fine." Dick Said. He kissed my head.
"Let go home, you need to rest." He said. Then we left

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this strange chapter.
-Zodiac