Chapter 51

Maria pov
We went back to the manor. I held Sage as Dick carried the incubator.
"Mama!" I heard Justice yell.
"Hey sweetie, do you wanna see your baby sister?" I asked as Alfred helped Dick set up the incubator.

I pulled back the blanket so Justice could see Sage.
"Her name's Sage." I said.
"She's small," Justice said.
"She was born early," I said as Dick came over and rolled me over to the incubator. Justice followed me.
"she's gotta stay in this machine for a while." I said as Dick took her and put her in the incubator.
"Where's your brother?" Dick asked as he close the incubator.
"With Uncle Tim and Uncle Jason and Uncle Damien." Justice said.
"Come on then," I said as Justice climbed into my lap, and Dick pushed us to the elevator. Justice sat away from my stomach, not wanting to hurt me.

We went to the nursery and sure enough the guys were playing with Wally. "Momma!" He squealed. Justice got up and Wally toddled over to me.
"Hey sweetie." Dick picked him up.
"Momma is Jamie coming back?" Justice asked.
My heart sunk in my chest. Dick crouched down to Justice's level.
"About that, we have some bad new for you two." Dick Said.
"Well to start off, Grandad, Papa and Gigi Aren't mommy and Daddy's real mommy and daddy. Our mommy and daddy went away when we were really young. So Grandad took me in and Gigi and Papa took Mommy in. Jamie's gone to stay with our real mommies and daddies for a long time. She's not gonna come back, till you go see her." Dick Said.
"But didn't mommy visit them?" Justice Asked as Wally asked,"Where did she go?"
"She went to a very safe and peaceful place. Where their is no hate, no pain or suffering. And everyone loves each other." I said speaking from my own experiences.
"Can we visit her?" Wally asked.
"I'm sorry buddy but no we can't." Dick Said.
"But...." Justice's lip quivered.
Dick hugged him and held our son as he cried. Wally climbed into my lap and I hugged him.
"We're gonna be alright." I whispered.

Later that week when I was walking again, we buried Jamie in the Wayne family cemetery. I clutched a lock of her hair in my hand.

We didn't invite anyone outside the family. Ollie and Dinah were the only ones outside the batfamily that came. I held Wally and he had his head rested on my shoulder. Dick lowered the casket into the ground and he filled in the hole. When it was nearly filled. I went over and threw in a handful of dirt. Dick held me as I tried to hold my tears back. Justice threw in a handful of dirt for him and Wally. Ollie came over and took a handful and threw it in. I pulled away from Dick and put Wally down. Ollie gave me a hug as My knees gave out from under me and Ollie held me. He was going to say something but he didn't. Instead he just kissed my forehead. Dinah came over and also gave me a hug.
"I miss her," I gasped.
"We miss her too." Dinah said.
"My White Angel's gone." I said. Dinah let go of me.
"Now she's a real angel." Dick hugged me again as Dinah threw another pile of dirt into the hole.
Damien came over and threw another pile of dirt into the hole.
"It's my fault she's dead." Damien said.
"Either way, if I hadn't gone with my mother or if I hadn't came back." He said.
"You should have stayed away." I said.
"Maria you don't mean that?" Dick asked.
"He said it, it's his fault our first born is dead. You should have stayed with the league of assassins." I said emotionless as I walked back towards the manor.

I went inside and to the BatCave. Sage was awake and crying. I took her out of the incubator and changed her diaper and then fed her. I sat at the Batcomputer and I brought up a slideshow, we'd made of Jamie's first few years of life.

I pressed play, and the first photo was of Dick and I, my stomach swollen with Jamie. My hair didn't have white yet so it was before Joker kidnapped me. I bit my lip, it went to a video of when we told all our friends at dinner.
"Alright  can I get everyone's attention?" Dick called as He stood up at the table. I stood up with him,
"Maria and I have exciting news." He smiled at me.
"I'm pregnant." I said elated.
Our friends were excited and Artemis and Zantana ran and hugged me. M'gann and Connor glanced at each other since they already knew.
The video stopped and went to photo of me holding Jamie, shortly after she was born. Then a photo of Dick holding her, he wasn't wearing his mask. More photos of Jamie in her first year of life. But the photos stopped, and went to a video of Jamie's birthday party. I was absent due to being in Belle Reve. Our friends and family were singing Happy birthday as Dick brought a cake to Jamie. She smiled and giggled.
"Happy birthday sweetie." Dick kissed Jamie's cheek.
The video kept going till Jamie was covered in cake. More photos came of her and Dick. Till a photo of the portrait, that was painted while I was pregnant with Justice. I bit my lip again, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw Dick. He took Sage and burped her.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked.
"I'm remembering our baby girl." I said as Dick sat with me, and I still held Sage as we watched the video.

"I found them!" Tim yelled.
I looked at the top of the stairs and our families came down to the cave. Dick paused the video and we turned around. Our family approached us.
"Have you two been down here all afternoon?" Ollie asked as Justice and Wally climbed into the chair with us. I kissed them both.
"Basically." Dick Said.
"We were worried about Maria." Dinah said.
"I'm alright," I said, it was half true.

__________________________
A/n: Hope you enjoy this chapter.
-Zodiac