Chapter 59

Maria pov
My stitches were healed and it turned out I didn't need Chemo again. So I literally could have the reconstruction surgery when ever I wanted. I decided to hold off on it for the time being.

"I wanna go back on patrol," I Said as I followed Dick around our apartment in Blüdhaven.
"Finish altering your suit then we'll talk." He said.
"If we do let's take Justice. It would be good for him." I said.
"If I say yes will you stop pestering me and let me finish this report?" Dick asked.
"Are you going on patrol tonight?" I asked. He nodded.
"Be safe you know to radio me if thing go south." I Said as I kissed his head.

I went back to my room and typed up my final entree for the newspaper. I was going to officially quit and become a stay at home mom. I sent it and then worked on Justice's suit. I was sewing armor plating into the white Kevlar fabric. I wasn't going to let anyone hurt my baby, not again. I held the suit out and looked at the black Nightwing logo against the white fabric. Justice wanted to be called The White Angel, in honor of Jamie.

"Mommy are you in here?" Justice came in.

I got up. "What do you think?" I asked.
"It's amazing." He smiled like it was Christmas morning.
"Go and try it on." I said.

He grabbed it from my hands and ran into the bathroom to change. I found one of Dick early masks and spirit gum.

"Hey Dick, hold up a second. White Angel is suiting up." I said. He was going to be leaving soon.

Justice came out and I gave him the black boots and gloves. He put them on and then we went into the living room where Dick and my other children were. I gave Dick the spirit gum and mask.
Justice went over to Dick and he put the mask on him.
"You look great." Dick Said.
"You even like the cape?" I asked.
"I like it." Dick smiled. He wasn't the fondest of capes.
"Mommy you should become Zodiac again." Justice suggested.
"That's not a bad idea," Dick said.
"I just might," I said.
"Now I'll have to rework the metal in the corset Or add straps. But it shouldn't be too hard. My uniform's still on display at the Hall of Justice right?" I asked.

I had left it in a display case in the Hall last time I was there. I thought it needed to Stay there for the time being as a reminder that some people can come back, and as a proper place of storage until I was ready to use it again. I wasn't expecting it to be so soon.

"It is," Dick Said.
"So I take the children there, I get the suit and show them the Hall." I said.
"That sounds like a great plan." Dick Said. He left soon after

THE next Morning, I got my children up and dressed. Wally and Sage dressed as superheroes, Justice claimed he was too old to be dressing up as a superhero, but I got him to wear a Batman shirt. I decided to wear a Wonder Woman tshirt. I took my blue head scarf and wrapped it around my head.
"Come on my sweets." I got a stroller for Sage and a leash for Wally.

We took the Zeta tube to DC then took the subway to the Hall of Justice. I put sunglasses on and we got In line for tickets. When we got to the counter. I wrote a note out for the girl in the ticket booth. I wrote,
"is there a discount for league members?" She looked confused and I took my league membership card and gave it to her. She let us in for free.

We went through the exhibits and my children were so excited by it.
"And over here we have the original suits of some of the fallen heroes. Well one of them has reappeared recently but she left it here for us. Why we don't know." I heard a tour guide say.
"Come on, we need to go get mommy's suit," I told my children.

I picked Wally up and carried him as Justice pushed Sage in the stroller. I went in and saw the suits.
"Here we have a replica of the original blue Beatle suit, the original Zodiac suit. You all may remember her as a vigilante who has Been recently battling breast cancer." The tour guide laughed.
"Why the league let's her uniform be on display, I don't know." The tour guide laughed.
"Are you Implying that she shouldn't be honored?" I asked.
"Yes I am, she wasn't a hero she was a vigilante." The tour guide said. I put Wally down and walked toward her.
"Zodiac has inspired me to fight for my life and I still stand by her. She was a hero, she just stumbled." I said.
"She went to Bel Reve and had her membership revoked because she killed the mayor of Metropolis." She Said.
"She was under control of strong sorceresses." I said.
"When she got out, she started going by a villain named Nightingale." The tour guide said.
"Yet you neglect that she helped to save the world when Midway City was under attack." I Said.

I felt a tug at my jeans. Wally was looking up at me. I picked him up,

"She was working with criminals."

"Sometimes you have to, to help save the world." I said as I held my son on my hip.
"Security." The tour guide yelled.

Two security guards came and escorted me into the back.

"Thanks Guardian." I Said as I took my sunglasses off.
"Not a problem Phoenix." Malcom said.
"Can you close down the memorial?" I asked.
"Sure." He said.
"You're not going to ask me why?" I asked.
"You're going to take your suit back." He smiled.
"That's it, can you watch my babies?" I asked.
"Sure."

Justice came with me to the closed off Memorial exhibit and I got my suit.

We went back home and I worked on my suit while watching my kids. Justice was watching tv while Wally played with his action figures. Sage sat in her highchair eating a snack.
"Attention people of the world." I looked up from my suit to the TV.
"Mommy?" Justice asked as he stared at the tv screen in terror.
"Take your siblings to the other room." I Said. I got Sage down and gave her to Justice.

______________________
A/n: Bum! Bum! BUM!

The story will continue in the next book, The Resurection of Zodiac. I will let you know when it is updated. I will most likely put it up later today.
-Zodiac
Ps I do not own and Dc own characters, plots, or locations.