Chapter 41

Maria pov
Dick held my hand as we waited to be called back for my first appointment.

"How do you feel?" Dick asked.
"In general or morning sickness wise?" I asked.
"In general," Dick smiled.

Even though I still had a ways to go with my morning sickness, I was at the point where ritz and saltines were all of my diet. I got my protein from protein power and my other nutrients from vitamins. I was taking so many vitamins at the moment.

"Anastasia Grayson," a nurse said. I got up and Dick followed us back.

My doctor was in the room and she had me sit down. We went over the basics, height, weight, temperature and blood pressure.

"Now How has your morning sickness been? Has it gotten better?" She asked.
"It has, I'm eating food now. Not over flavored food but simple things like Saltines and Ritz. Im still taking vitamins and protein powder for the nutrients I'm not getting."

My doctor did an ultrasound and my baby was looking healthy.

After the appointment Dick took me home.

"So our old team is doing a mission and we want to have someone being our Oracle or Overwatch. Would you be interested?" Dick asked.
I smiled. "Closest thing to the real action that I'm gonna get. Of course I'm in." I Said.
"You'll have to come up with a code name for yourself." Dick said.
"I'm sure Phoenix will work just as good." I Said.
"I don't know I mean even Babs took on another mantle." Dick said.
"I Don't know, I like Phoenix and I don't want Zodiac go come back so soon." I Said.
"Well What about Sage?" Dick asked.
"As a baby name or code name?" I asked.
"Either, it start off as your code name and then if we really like it. It could be a baby name if it's a girl." Dick offered.
"We'll see." I Said.

The next night we met up at the Batcave. It was only Connor, Dick, Wally, and Artemis. M'gann was babysitting for us tonight.

"So Bats is going to let us use his tech for this stealth mission. So if you break it you have to replace and I'm pretty sure none of our salaries combined won't cover the cost." Dick said. I smiled.
"So the mission is we will be infiltrating Lex Corp. as you know any mission has it's risk and on this one. Their pretty high. Hence why Maria is here. She's going to be our Oracle, he call name will be Sage. She will be hacking in and monitoring security footage and Sabotaging what needs to be done so we can get in and out." Dick said.
"So It's a Tech run?" Wally asked.
"Yes, theres going to be an event tonight at HQ, we will all enter through the event, thanks to good old Bruce Wayne. I'll say you're my Entourage. Wally and Artemis slip out of the party and do the mission. Maria and I will guide you through the security. You need to access the main hard drive on the twelfth floor. It's going to be a bit hard since we'll be starting on the second." Dick said.
"All you need to do is plant it and Maria and I can do the rest." I nodded.
"Artemis do you think you can get into the security room and distract the guard?" I asked.
"In what way?" She asked.
"In the flirtatious way." I Said.
"As long as Wally is okay with that." She said.
"Wait what if they're not into that?" Connor asked.
"Then would you knock them out, It's simple." I Said.
"I'm good with it." Wally said.
"Alright, this is black tie, so go put your tuxes on." Dick said.

•••

"Nightwing do you want back up?" I radioed.
"No! We've got it, Sage." Dick grunted.
"Hey how are things?" I turned and saw M'gann with Kal and Wally on her hips, Jamie and Justice behind her.
"They're going great." I lied. Justice ran over and climbed into my lap.
"Sage! Sage open the door?" Wally yelled over the radio.

I spun around and activated the door so Wally and Artemis could get out of the room where Connor was going wild.

"What's going on?" M'gann asked.
"Da," Kal pointed at a raging Connor.
"What happened?" M'gann exclaimed.
"Luther busted their escape. We have the information, but they can't get out because Luther injected Connor with some kind of drug that resorted him how he was after he first woke up. That's according to Dick and Wally." I said.
"You're on babysitting, in going in." M'gann said.

Justice got up and M'gann gave me Wally and Kal. She morphed her cloths and took a com.

"Where are They?" She Asked.
"LexCorp in Metropolis." I said as I brought up a map. M'gann flew to the ceiling and phased through.
"Well now I'm also going to need backup." I said.
"Jamie, hand Mommy her phone." I motioned.

She grabbed it and unlocked it. I called Alfred and had him come get tHe children since Dick, Wally, and Artemis needed another door opened as they were trying to get away from the guards and keep a raging Connor following them.

M'gann appeared in the security footage. She grabbed Connor by the head and pressed her forehead on hers.

"Protect them, why M'gann's doing what ever she's doing." Dick exclaimed.

I sealed the room they were in with twenty guards. They were quickly taken out and Connor was soon back to normal.

"There's the man I Love." M'gann Smiled.
"What happened?" Connor asked.
"Talk less, Run more. I keep the hackers out for much longer. Y'all need to get out of there." I radioed. I opened the door and they ran.

Twenty minutes later they were back. They zetaed in and I jumped up and ran over to them. I hugged them all.

"Thank goodness you all are okay." I said.
"Hey calm down we're fine." Dick said.
"I got worried for a second." I said looking at Connor.
"It wasn't my fault." Connor said.
"It's the team's fault. You all weren't cautious enough." I scolded.
"Hey calm down. They got what was needed and they got out. Our missions never go smoothly." M'gann said. I nodded,
"It's alright, I'm just starting to get hormonal. Sorry about snapping." I said.
"You are fine," Artemis said. Wally looked confused.
"Is this how Maria is when she's pregnant?" Wally asked. I had the urge to punch him but I didn't.
"Pretty much, I've lost track of how many nights I come home and she greets me in tears." Dick smiled.
"On that note im going to make sure our children are asleep. Because they weren't thirty minutes ago." I said glaring at M'gann for a second.
"We'll straighten up. You go on ahead to sleep." Dick said.
"We'll be up in a few moments to get Kal." Connor said. I nodded and headed toward the elevator.

I went upstairs and went to the nursery to check on the four children. I peaked in and Alfred was reading a story book to four sleeping children. I opened the door and he noticed me. I helped him out the children into their beds. Before Alfred took Kal to the BatCave. I then went and got myself ready for bed.

____________________________
A/n: Hey sorry i didn't upload earlier. I've had a super busy week and I haven't had the chance to write this chapter.
-Zodiac