Chapter 11

Maria pov
"Maria," I heard whispered in my ear.

"Maria, wake up." I Woke up, my eyes meeting my husband's beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey," I said as I sat up.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"I'm feeling better." I said.

"That's great." He smiled.

"Hey I need to tell you something." I said.

"What is it?" Dick asked.

"You know My work is sending Jeremy and I to Bialya. How does that make you feel now that we know I'm pregnant?" I said.

Dick looked upset. "You know I worry when you're not pregnant. Now that we know you are pregnant. I'm extremely scared for you and our baby." He said putting his hand on my stomach.

"I know, but if I leave Phoenix here, she'll be safer." I said as I put my hands on my stomach.

"You and I both know we can't take a trip without leaving Nightwing or Phoenix home. They never get vacations. And you being there alone puts you more at a risk." He said.

I got up and took the IV off the stand. "I need to go on this trip." I said.

"Why?" Dick asked.

"So I can do provide more for our family. We can't live off Bruce's money forever. And your savings will run out and a police salary won't save us forever. Expcecially if we have to put three kids through college." I Said.

"I won't stop you," Dick Said.

"Thank you." I hugged him.

Dick helped me pack. He got my suit case down.

"I've got you a few things for your trip." He said.

"You do?" I asked confused.

"I thought it over and I think it would be good for you to do a solo mission. But I have a few things that you'll need to get into the country." He took a bag and took box out.

"When going through customs they'll take your camera and your utility belt." Dick said.

"These should pass as toiletry objects." I took the items that would normally go in my utility belt in my toiletry bag.

"Do you have your vitamins?" Dick asked.

"I do," I said.

"Good, and one more thing. To get your camera through customs Have this." He took out and unopened box of tampons. "But I won't have my period." I said.

"You put your camera and lenses in here and they won't even touch it. I rigged all of these gadgets to register as normal things if your bag goes through an x Ray machine." He said.

"Thank you." I said. I put everything in my bag.

"Be safe, I'll be monitoring your location during the trip. If you have trouble activate your distress beacon and I'll have a team of women to your aid." Dick said. He gave me a long kiss.

We pulled away and I packed a bag of basic things and a few changes of cloths. I put it in my suit case. I put my Phoenix suit on and I put one of Dick's sweatshirts on over it. "You're taking my sweatshirt?" Dick asked.

"Something that will remind me of your smell." I smiled.

Dick kissed my forehead. "I'll drive you to Jeremy's." Dick Said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Let me say goodbye to Jamie and Justice." I said.

I went into the nursery and Jamie and Justice were playing with toys. Justice ran over to me and I picked him up.

"Hey buddy." I Said.

I kissed his cheek and Jamie came over. I sat on the floor.

"Now mommy has to go on a trip for a while. So while mommy is gone you two help Daddy, your Uncles, and Grandad out And behave." I said.

"Where are you going?" Jamie asked.

"I'm going to a very dangerous country. Mr. Jeremy is coming with mommy to keep me safe." I said.

I knocked on the door and Jonathan answered.

"Is Jeremy ready?" I asked.

"He's still packing." Jonathan said as he let me in.

"Great." I said.

"Hey Jeremy, Anastasia is here." He said.

"In here." Jeremy called. I went into the bedroom and Jeremy was packing.

"Hey, how are you feeling? I was told this morning you were having bad morning sickness." Jeremy asked.

"I'm better," I said.

"So you're still going on our Bialya trip?" He asked.

"Why else would I be here?" I asked.

"I'm almost packed." Jeremy asked.

When Jeremy was finished we went out to the street. Dick got out of the car and came over to us. He put his arm around me.

"Are you all ready?" Dick asked.

"We are." I said as he held me. I finally pulled away.

"We have a flight to catch." I said.

"Be safe." He said.

Dick took my bag out of the car and put it in the car with Jeremy's bag. I gave him a kiss and then got in the car. I put my hands in my pocket and found medication that would help my morning sickness. I smiled knowing Dick had snuck it into my pocket. I waved to Dick as we drove off. He waved back and I smiled.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac