Chapter 28

Maria pov
I went home with the family so I could get some cloths and see my children.

We walked through the garage and I head the patter of feet headed toward us. I turned the corner and saw Jamie.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed. She ran to me and I picked her up.

"Hey sweetie, what are you still doing up?" I asked.

"She refused to go to sleep." Alfred said as he took Bruce's Jacket.

"Will you go to sleep now that we're home?" Dick asked Jamie As she yawned.

"I'll take that as a yes." I Said.

I helped putting my children to bed. I kissed them all and then went and packed my bag For the week. I got a few extra camera lenses and my Phoenix suit. I was tempted to bring arrows but I didn't.

"Be safe this week. I don't wanna hear
over the com that you are injured. Wally needs you while I'm gone." I said.

"I've already taken the week off from being Nightwing." Dick said as he hugged me.

"Good, I love you." I said. Dick gave me a kiss before saying he loved me also.

I programmed the Zeta tube and teleported back to Clark's apartment building.

Lois was still awake when I knocked on the door.

"Sorry if I woke anyone." I whispered as I walked in.

"No you're fine, Jonathan sleeps like a rock and Clark got called out on another mission." She said.

"Is that hard?" I asked.

"Sometimes, I miss him when he goes off for a few days." She said.

"I know how that is. You're always worried about him and him getting hurt. They think they're indestructible but there not." I said.

"And when you wanna help him but you can't." Lois said.

"That was basically me during my pregnancy." I Said. Lois laughed.

We sat on the couch and talked for a while. I finally looked at the clock and realized it was late.

"I should get to bed, I'm usually an early riser so I wanna get some sleep before 5:30." I Said.

"Why do you get up so early?" Lois asked. "To do Tai chi. It takes me an hour but it's always relaxing." I said.

"Im not that willing to get up that early unless I have too." Lois said. Marking me laugh.

"Good Night Lois." I said.

I got up and went into the guest room. I got ready for bed and then crashed on the bed.

The next thing I knew my alarm clock was going off. I got up and went Into the living room. The sun was starting to stream through the skyline. I stretched and started doing my morning Tai Chi routine.

I went back to my room, showered and got dressed.

Jonathan was awake and getting his breakfast. He was still half awake.

"Morning," I said.

He grumbled a morning. I got myself breakfast and sat down with Jonathan and ate. My phone received a face time. I swallowed the bite of cereal and answered it.

I went out onto the balcony to talk.

"Morning," Dick yawned.

"Morning." I smiled.