Chapter 9

-a year later-

I was cranky, "hey are you alright?" Jason asked.

Dick was working today so he wasn't joining us at breakfast.

"No Jason, I'm not." I said as I pushed the door to the dinning room open.

"I'm cranky, I'm bloated, I've gained weight even though I haven't changed my diet or exercise routes." I ranted.

"Alright then." Jason said.

I took a seat and Jamie and Justice came in followed by Dick.

"Good Morning family." He said.

I got up and helped him get Justice into a highchair. Alfred brought breakfast out, it was Eggs, toast, and Bacon. I felt ill. I held my head in my hands.

"Are you alright Maria?" Dick asked.

"I'm gonna be sick." I yelled as I ran out.

I found the nearest bathroom and threw up.

"Maria!" I heard Dick yell from the other side of the door.

"Im fine." I managed to say before I threw up again.

The door opened and Dick came over and pulled my hair back. I sat back and leaned against the wall.

"Hey are you alright?" Dick asked as he wiped my face off. He repeated the question and I shrugged.

He picked me up and carried me back to our room. He tucked me in bed and kissed my forehead before saying goodbye and leaving.

Dick pov
I ran back down the steps and back to the dinning room.

"Is Maria alright?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know," I said as I got my breakfast from Alfred.

When Jamie and Justice finished I took them to day care and then went to work.

Maria pov
When I was feeling better I got up. I went into the bathroom and took my cloths off so I could shower. My figure caught my attention. My stomach had grown. I put my hands on my stomach. I hadn't changed my diet or anything.

"I can't be," I whispered.

I put my cloths back on, I put some motorcycle armor on and grabbed my wallet. I went to the garage and grabbed my helmet. I opened the garage door and took the keys to my motorcycle off the hook. I went over to my bike and put my helmet on. I turned the motor over and reved the engine.

I rode into town. I heard a siren behind me and I glanced back. A police cruiser was behind me. I pulled off and put my visor up. The police officer walked over to me. I took out my license and registration out of my wallet.

"Miss, aren't you supposed to be home in bed?" He asked.

I looked at the officer and realized it was Dick and laughed.

"I was feeling better and I had a few thing I had to do get done today." I said.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Dick asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Alright I trust you. Be safe, and your back tail light was out." He said.

"You're kidding." I got off my bike and inspected my bike.

"Damn it Damien." I said.

"What?" Dick asked.

"He took my bike last." I said.

"So how much are you gonna charge me?"

"For you, a kiss." Dick said.

I took my helmet off and he gave me a kiss. He pulled away,

"I've gotta go. Be safe and take it easy." He said.

"I will," I said as I put my helmet on.

He went back to his cruiser and I got back on the highway.

I went into the store and bought an arrangement of things along I needed for my trip to Bialya along with a few pregnancy tests.

I walked out to my bike and took the seat off so I could get to the storage compartment. I put my goods in and put the seat on. My phone then rang. I answered my phone,

"Miss. Maria, Damien has gotten in trouble at school yet again, can you go get him from school?" Alfred asked.

"Sure I'm not that far away." I said.

I rode to the school and parked my bike. I took my helmet off and carried it in with me.

"Hi I'm picking up Damien Wayne. I was called and told he was in trouble." I said.

"Yes the principal would like to talk to talk with you." The receptionist said.

She walked me back to the principal's office. I went in and sat down.

"Thank you Mrs. Wayne for coming out here." The principal said.

"Oh no it's Mrs. Grayson, Damien is my brother-in-law." I said.

"I would have prefered if his father or mother were here." He said.

"Bruce is a very busy man and his mother hasn't been in the picture since before I even met Damien." I said.

"We need a parent or legal guardian." The principal said.

"Can you at least tell me what he did." I asked.

I really just wanted to get home. "He exploded his lunch bag."

"Damien!" I exclaimed.

"I grabbed the wrong lunch." He said.

"What were you trying to kill someone?" I asked.

"No, I wanted to surprise them." He said.

"Damien, why?" I asked as I pined the bridge of my nose.

"He will be suspended for the next month." The principal said.

"We will certainly see he is also punished at home." I said. I left with Damien and gave him my helmet to wear home.

When we got back to the manor I texted Bruce and told him what Damien had done. We both agreed he should be grounded. So off Damien went to his room.

I went up to my room and I took the pregnancy tests out of the bag. I threw the bag on the bed and went into the bathroom.

I sat on the floor in the bathroom looking at the timer. I got up and checked the results. There were two lines. I put a hand over my mouth and smiled. I took one of the two and threw the other one away.

___________________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac