Chapter 52

Maria pov
That night, Dick and I went out on patrol. I stood on the ledge and looked out over the city.
"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Dick asked.
"Not really," I said.
"We'll have to talk about it sooner or later." Dick Said.
"I know, but when I'm ready." I said.
"Alright," Dick took his mask off.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he took my mask off then He gave me a kiss.
"What's gotten into you?" I asked.
"I got something made today for us." He said as he took something out of his utility belt. He took out two angle patches.
"What are these?" I asked as Dick gave me one. He put the other patch on his upper arm.
"It's to honor Jamie." He said then I gave Dick a hug.
"Thank you." I said.
"Robbery on 12th and Adams let's go." Dick said as he repeated what the scanner said.

We put out masks back on and I took an arrow out and fired it.
"Hold on," I said.
"I've got my own transportation." He threw a batarang and I grabbed my roped and swung across Gotham to the Jewelers.

I'd stollen from that store as Nightingale.
"I can't go in there, I'll be back up." I said.
"Are you sure?" Dick asked.
"I'm sure," I said.

Dick went to the front door but I went to the skylight, so I could have a bird's eye view of the situation. I talked Dick through the fight and warned him of surprises. Although he didn't need it.

When the cops arrived, I helped Dick and the police take the burglars to the police cars. Commissioner Gordon came up to us. He looked confused to see me. "But-" he looked behind him. "How?" He Asked.
"To put it simply I got sent back. Apparently the world needs me." I said.
"Anyway How are you two doing?" He asked shaking off the shock.
"This is the hardest thing we've ever gone through. Harder than loosing our parents." Dick said as I looked at my shoes. Gordon put his hand on my shoulder.
"It will get better," he said.
"I hope so, I feel guilty because she didn't come back with me. Yet I also envy her that she got to stay" I said.
"You know I don't like you saying that. It breaks my heart." Dick said.
"I know." I said as I looked at my feet.
"We've gotta go, our night isn't over." Dick said.
"You two kids take care." Gordon said before we took off.

The rest of the night was quiet so we went in early so I could rest. I still wasn't 100% better from my injuries and having Sage.

"Here let me stitch you up." Dick said. I'd pulled the stitches in my right shoulder. He unzipped my suit and helped my pull the suit down so he could sew me up. I'd gotten nicked by a mugger's bullet. We left him suspended by his ankles.

"And there we go," Dick said as he finished.
I got up and went over to Sage. She was still staying in the incubator.
"Hey sweetie." I said as I picked her up. Dick came over to us,
"Hey Cutie." He cooed at her. She opened her eyes and looked at us. She let out a little cry but then returned to her slumber.
"I wanna take her upstairs with us." I said.
"Maybe later," Dick Said. I kissed her forehead then put her in the incubator.

We went to our rooms and got ready for bed.

Dick let me sleep in the next morning. I woke up to Wally and Justice jumping on my bed.
"Hey I told you to be careful with Mommy." I head Dick Said.
I opened my eyes and Dick had Sage in his arms.
"Good morning," I said as he kissed my cheek.
"Good Morning," he said as he gave me Sage. I kissed her head and sat up, where my boys proceeded to climb on me.
"Careful with your sister." I said As I supported her head.
She started crying, "Dick can you hand me that blanket? She's hungry." I said as I pointed at the blanket hanging on my vanity chair.
He grabbed it and handed it to me. I covered Amara so I could feed her.
"Why did you let me sleep in?" I asked.
"Because you deserved it," Dick gave me a kiss, then sat on our bed with our boys.
"Come on boys let's let mommy get ready." He said as he grabbed our sons and left.

When Sage finished, I burped her then got up. She went to sleep and I was Cautions not to wake her as I got dressed.

I carried Sage downstairs. "Hey Maria could you come to the BatCave?" Dick asked over the intercom. Snickering could be heard behind him.

I went back upstairs to the library and went to the BatCave.

I came down and saw Dick and Tim bent over laughing.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Can you fix me?" A boy about ten asked. He looked almost exactly like Damien.
"Father's been turned into a child." Damien smiled.
"Bruce?" I asked.
"Yes," he mutter not looking amused. I started laughing till my side hurt.

When I composed myself I gave Sage to Dick.
"So why do you need my help?" I asked as I wiped my tears away.
"I got turned into a child by Witchfire. Can you reverse it?" Bruce asked.
"I think so," I laughed. "But hold on," I smiled.
I texted Selina and asked her to come to the BatCave.
"What are you doing?" Bruce asked.
"Oh nothing." I said. Selina came down the stairs.
"Really Maria?" Bruce glared at me as Selina died laughing.

When she calmed down, I preformed the spell but it only aged Bruce to about thirteen.
"I don't know why that didn't work. It should have worked. Let me try again."
Jason took a picture of Bruce. "I'm enjoying this," he said.
"Wait Damien go stand with Bruce," Jason said.
Damien was at least a head taller than Bruce.
"Smile," Jason said as he took a picture.
"it's weird I usually don't have trouble with aging spells." I said.
"Do you wanna try again?" Dick asked.
"I'll try," I said. I put my hair back in a pony tail and took a deep breath. I cast the spell, and everything turned black.

I opened my eyes and Everyone was standing over me. My body ached as I sat up.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You preformed the spell but you fainted afterwards." Dick Said as he helped me sit up.
"I don't know what's wrong," I said as I looked at my hands.
"We'll call Zantanna or Dr. Fate to come and age Bruce up." Dick said as he picked me up. I looked at Bruce and he looked like he was sixteen.
"Al-alright." I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

______________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I nearly didn't update today because I've been studying all day.
-Zodiac
Ps I don't own any DC Characters or plot lines